Hire a Ford Ranger Double Cab 2.2 TDI Auto 4 WD

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi All on our Seasonal Site there is some new rules the van has to be towed off for 24hrs + so i am thinking of hiring the above vehicle for the job . ( Our car is not up to the job)
We thought we had packed up towing but the only problem i have now how hard will it be to tow a Elddis Crusader Super Sirocco Twin Axle Caravan if i give myself loads of room going around bends and other drivers . i have towed a van 20ft but not this size ...
Any help on this matter would be great.........

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Beachball
Your Crusader will not be any longer than most other twin axles and you see plenty of them being towed on the road, if others can do it I am sure you will be able to also. Twins normally tow well, so you need to tow as for a single axle, but be aware of the extra length when turning, depending on the distance you need to go I would say just take your time and you should be fine. The Ford Ranger was one of the better rated pick ups in the 4x4 magazine awards so I imagine it should be quite capable of towing your van. Let us know how you get on.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Latest update the Ford Ranger not available now
So i have now a Land Rover Discovery 4 TDI 3.0 LITRE AUTOMATIC ( Booked For the job ) that should easily do the job
Regards to you all

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Beachball said:
Latest update the Ford Ranger not available now
So i have now a Land Rover Discovery 4 TDI 3.0 LITRE AUTOMATIC ( Booked For the job ) that should easily do the job
Regards to you all

Never heard fo having to be off a seasonal site every 28 days. Maybe time to find another site. BTW if this was not in the contract when you signed up, then you may have a get out clause.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi Surfer Not every 28 days we have to take the van of between March - October only one time for a 24hr period so we thought we would book a 2 night stop at a campsite near by does that answer your Question ,

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
But next time might be a different we are upgrading the car to either a New
1/ Ford Kuga
2/ Volkswagen Tiguan
So we don"t have to hire next time

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts