hoddam castle

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Stayed many times over last 5 years, but only as an overnight stop to and from the Scottish Highlands. A large site , but closer to your neighbour than a Caravan Club site. Toilet and shower facilities are excellent but as this is a busy site are well used. Lots of children around . Good dog walks. The bar and restaurant were open on our stays and provide reasonable meals at a good price. Beware though, depending where you are pitched it's a long walk to the facilities especially in the rain or late at night. I only use this site as an overnighter and don't think it is somewhere we would wish to spend a whole holiday. However for families it is excellent and offers plenty for children.

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
We stayed at Hoddam Castle a couple of years ago. As far a sI remember it was quite a nice site with some lovely walks in the grounds, and a restaurant in the castle itself.

Facilites were good, and when we stayed (around June time) it wasn't too crowded.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Have stayed several times. Lovely site and facilities. I usually go to play golf as they have their own course on site. Actually - "play" is putting it a bit strongly But i get a nice walk!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If you have a long twin axle beware of pitch number 120. We were allocated that pitch this month and it was almost impossible to back the van in as the hedges and trees prevented the front of the car from coming round. When we left I had no option but to leave the wrong way round their one way system. Other than that not a bad site and highly recommend the restaurant and bar.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts