Holiday Precautions

May 12, 2006
Visit site
Hi All.

I have just read the item posted earlier with regard to being robbed on the continent. So I thought I would share a couple of things that we have done to minimise hassle should this happen to us/you.

Copy your passports and send them to yourself as e-mail attachments, should you lose your passport you have an instant copy to inform the police etc. Copy your credit card and send it to someone you can trust, who would then be able to inform the company that it should be cancelled. Also make a copy your EHIC or private insurance policy and save them as e-mail attachments It's relatvely easy now to find an internet cafe, or a site manager who has internet access so you can download and print this information.

If anyone has any other precautions they take before going on holiday, please share them with everybody.

Regards

Val & Frank

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Precautions on holiday ... I won't mention condoms.

We photocopy the photo page of our passports so that the photo is recognisable and the passport number is clear. Two copies hidden in the car, and two in the caravan. Car documents go in the caravan safe rather than the car.

We have two active credit cards, one Master, one Visa. I carry both Master, and Mrs P carries both Visa. Then if one of us loses a bag or wallet, we only cancel one card.

Always take a second set of car keys and caravan keys. If you take bikes, take two sets of bike lock keys.

May 12, 2006
Visit site
Precautions on holiday ... I won't mention condoms.

We photocopy the photo page of our passports so that the photo is recognisable and the passport number is clear. Two copies hidden in the car, and two in the caravan. Car documents go in the caravan safe rather than the car.

We have two active credit cards, one Master, one Visa. I carry both Master, and Mrs P carries both Visa. Then if one of us loses a bag or wallet, we only cancel one card.

Always take a second set of car keys and caravan keys. If you take bikes, take two sets of bike lock keys.
Thanks Mike your comments are along the lines I was thinking about. The car key is a good one if you lose a key for an ML it can take up to 4 weeks to obtain a new one

regards

Val & Frank

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts