Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Although it's a while away, next summer we are thinking about going to holland for our first trip abroad with the caravan.

We would either go from North Sheilds or Hull but preferably Sheilds. We would like somewhere that caters for children, parks, pools etc and must be clean. Also it can't be too far one we have landed so to speak.

Any ideas please ?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi John,

There's no choice to make. Duinrell in Wassener (I think they're spelt right) are the best. It has an on site theme park and Europes largest indoor pool complex. There's also kids and adult clubs as well as shops and even go-carts for hire. They have a web site to look at.

Pete

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
John

Nothing in Holland is far. The main problem will be the traffic. If you are arriving at the Hook of Holland first thing in the morning and going north or east of Rotterdam park up and have breakfast or something. (Do it at the port) Up to about 9.30 the traffic in the west is murder. After that the road system is excellent and finding your way around is easy. Happy holiday. Theo

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi, we travel Hull to Rotterdam and find it a 1st class journey.This makes a good start to your hol/s because of the overnight crossing(cabin + breakfast recommended) . For us the best campsite is Koningshof at Rijnsburg which is 1/2 hour past Duinrell. The site has indoor/oudoor pools ,shop , play area, lake, resaurant and a really good location. It is on the edge of the tulip fields in a very flat area (cycling is great). The seaside is quite close(Katwike) and Amsterdam is only a train ride away. We are going for two weeks this year (our third visit)at the request of our two kids (14 + 10). Holland is the ideal place for a first visit abroad, traffic is rather busy , but very caravan friendly. This site is in carefree etc ( depends which club you are in if any) and is really easy to get to.

Make the trip ,whichever site you pick it will be worth it.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi, we travel Hull to Rotterdam and find it a 1st class journey.This makes a good start to your hol/s because of the overnight crossing(cabin + breakfast recommended) . For us the best campsite is Koningshof at Rijnsburg which is 1/2 hour past Duinrell. The site has indoor/oudoor pools ,shop , play area, lake, resaurant and a really good location. It is on the edge of the tulip fields in a very flat area (cycling is great). The seaside is quite close(Katwike) and Amsterdam is only a train ride away. We are going for two weeks this year (our third visit)at the request of our two kids (14 + 10). Holland is the ideal place for a first visit abroad, traffic is rather busy , but very caravan friendly. This site is in carefree etc ( depends which club you are in if any) and is really easy to get to.

Make the trip ,whichever site you pick it will be worth it.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have done the Dover - Calais and the Hull - Rotterdam and Harwich etc. routes starting our journey from Teesside. Now I keep posting plugs for the North Shields alternative so I suspect the Practical Caravan web master must think I am a major shareholder in D.F.D.S.

But here I go again. 44 miles from my front door to parking up on the ferry car deck compared with 340ish to Dover. No costs of overnight stops en route. 4 o'clock check in (P.M. not A.M.) Amazing dinner, good nights sleep then breakfast. A fairly relaxed disembarkation about 9.30 next morning and you have gone onto continental time the previous evening so there is no sense of loosing that hours travel time as soon as you land in Holland. Also caravans travel FREE on certain days but how long that offer lasts and how far ahead you have to book no one seems to know. Still costs more but virtually stress free. Tip - the price quoted over the 'phone was a lot less than the price quoted on the internet. Also go for Duinrell - great if you are taking children.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts