Apr 20, 2008
Visit site
HI

SAILING FROM HULL TO ROTTERDAM ON JULY 4TH. FIRST TIME ABROAD WITH CARAVAN ANY ONE ELSE GOING OR GOT ANY TIPS ANY INFO WILL BE GRATEFULLY APPRECIATED THANK YOU

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Colin.

We are of to Holland at Easter i have found the best web site for campsite info is campingo.com it covers camping worldwide but it has a good section on Holland.

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
If you get the ACSI card and book there are loads of sites in Holland at the cheap prices of 11-13-15 euros a night with the card. We would not go to Europe without our ACSI card and Book If you have the DVD you can plan the whole trip it is brilliant.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Colin

Where are thinking of heading in Holland? Delft is a pretty good stop over point as you can get into Amsterdam by train and the town of Delft is very attractive. There is a wonderful stall near the centre, next the the tourist office, which sells all sorts of fried fish.

David

Apr 20, 2008
Visit site
Colin

Where are thinking of heading in Holland? Delft is a pretty good stop over point as you can get into Amsterdam by train and the town of Delft is very attractive. There is a wonderful stall near the centre, next the the tourist office, which sells all sorts of fried fish.

David
Hi David

We are booked in at site De Paal 12 miles from Eindhoven. We booked through caravan club We have a twin axle bailey wyoming so were limited to sites we could get on .Did not want to tow van to far on foreign roads for the first time as we have never drove abroad before

Cheers

COLIN

Apr 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi Colin

We drove from Hook of Holland last year and we did find the conditions slightly different to driving in France. We unfortunately docked at rush hour so met more traffic than in France. However, the main difference is the bicyles. In many places they have right of way and their own lanes, which does mean that there is more to be aware of. Also the language is TOTALLY different and the signs make no sense whatsoever. This is different in France as very often a memory of school-boy French kicks in. I would suggest you get a copy of Caravan Europe 2 from the Caravan Club and on page 497 there are some road signs and markings together with cycle signs. I think if you could get familiar with some of these you would feel more confident.

I realise this sounds a little worrying but it is not meant to be. I just think for your own peace of mind a little knowledge would make for a more relaxing and enjoyable time. The country generally is very prestty and the people like the British so you will have a good time. If I can help with anything else please ask.

Apr 20, 2008
Visit site
Hi Colin

We drove from Hook of Holland last year and we did find the conditions slightly different to driving in France. We unfortunately docked at rush hour so met more traffic than in France. However, the main difference is the bicyles. In many places they have right of way and their own lanes, which does mean that there is more to be aware of. Also the language is TOTALLY different and the signs make no sense whatsoever. This is different in France as very often a memory of school-boy French kicks in. I would suggest you get a copy of Caravan Europe 2 from the Caravan Club and on page 497 there are some road signs and markings together with cycle signs. I think if you could get familiar with some of these you would feel more confident.

I realise this sounds a little worrying but it is not meant to be. I just think for your own peace of mind a little knowledge would make for a more relaxing and enjoyable time. The country generally is very prestty and the people like the British so you will have a good time. If I can help with anything else please ask.
hi thank for info but what do you class as rush hour in holland

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts