Nov 25, 2007
Visit site
Hi everyone - just bought our first caravan and are planning our two weeks holiday in June. Have booked a week at Blackmore and a week at Sutton on Sea (both CC sites). We have never been to these areas before and I wondered if anyone could recommend things to see and do. We have two girls aged four and eight.

Thanks for your help.

Margaret

Jun 25, 2005
Visit site
Hi

At Sutton on Sea CC site you can walk into Sutton on Sea, a few shops and the beech. You can walk along the sea wall. The beech is sandy, plenty of room for building sand castles and flying kites etc. At Mablethorpe there is little sand train which links the town with the I think sea life centre at the far end of the beech. We tended to park near the sea life centre when going to the beech, less crowded than parking in the centre of Mablethorpe. You have Skegness going in the opposite direction to Mablethorpe, a word of warning, the coast road going towards Skegness can get busy at bank holidays. Sutton on Sea is a nice site, have stopped there a few times.

Hope this helps

Annette

Nov 25, 2007
Visit site
Hi

At Sutton on Sea CC site you can walk into Sutton on Sea, a few shops and the beech. You can walk along the sea wall. The beech is sandy, plenty of room for building sand castles and flying kites etc. At Mablethorpe there is little sand train which links the town with the I think sea life centre at the far end of the beech. We tended to park near the sea life centre when going to the beech, less crowded than parking in the centre of Mablethorpe. You have Skegness going in the opposite direction to Mablethorpe, a word of warning, the coast road going towards Skegness can get busy at bank holidays. Sutton on Sea is a nice site, have stopped there a few times.

Hope this helps

Annette
Thanks Annette

The beach being so close will be great for the kids. Must remember to pack the buckets and spades.

Margaret

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts