Home Farm Burham on Sea

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
Been twice but not in the recent past.

First time was 15 years ago and we all really enjoyed the site, quite busy but not overcrowded, clean , good entertainment for all the family.

Went back about 6 or 7 years ago and was disappointed in the site. Very busy, vans appeared to be crammed in any old way, facilities not as well maintained. Clubhouse couldn't cope with amount of people on site. Wouldn't go back a third time.

Did like the area, Burnham is very handy for the motorway, and for visiting local attractions like Cheddar Gorge and Wookey Hole. I have heard good reports about Brean Farm site which is close by but have not been there myself.

Robert

Sep 13, 2006
Visit site
Have to agree with Rob T, we went there about 4 years ago.

Very cramped pitch and entertainment venue, I would only think about going again if there had been massive improvements.

I would rather go to Unity Farm in Brean which has similar entertainment with more space, bigger pitches and is right next to the beach and Brean Leisure park.

I have read some positive posts about other local sites but nothing about Home farm.

If you like pub CL type sites try Watchfield Inn, Watchfield nearby 10 pitches, toilets, showers and a good cider farm cross the road.

Apr 27, 2007
Visit site
Cheryl, avoid Home Farm at Burnham on Sea like the plague! We had the unfortunate pleasure of this awful site 5 years ago, and it is the only site we have ever left before the end of a holiday. The facilities were overcrowded and not particularily clean, loud music was played until the small hours, the noise from motorway traffic, the main A road into Burnham, the main west coast train line that runs along the park boundary and the RAF flightpath overhead means there is NEVER any peace and quiet,gangs of teenagers roaming round the park past 3am and indifferent security staff,. The pitches themselves are crowded, and when we first turned into the site it resembled a shanty town.

We had booked in for 2 weeks, but left after 8 days. We did make our feelings known to the park management, especially after a gang of drunken youths had urinated over the ladies toilet block floor, but to be honest, they could't have cared less. Would we recommend this site? Only if we really disliked you!!!

Find a nicer site! we moved to Cheddar Gorge to finish our holiday and found that several families we had seen at Home Farm had also left early for the same reasons as we had.

Regards P.W.

Apr 23, 2007
Visit site
Cheryl, avoid Home Farm at Burnham on Sea like the plague! We had the unfortunate pleasure of this awful site 5 years ago, and it is the only site we have ever left before the end of a holiday. The facilities were overcrowded and not particularily clean, loud music was played until the small hours, the noise from motorway traffic, the main A road into Burnham, the main west coast train line that runs along the park boundary and the RAF flightpath overhead means there is NEVER any peace and quiet,gangs of teenagers roaming round the park past 3am and indifferent security staff,. The pitches themselves are crowded, and when we first turned into the site it resembled a shanty town.

We had booked in for 2 weeks, but left after 8 days. We did make our feelings known to the park management, especially after a gang of drunken youths had urinated over the ladies toilet block floor, but to be honest, they could't have cared less. Would we recommend this site? Only if we really disliked you!!!

Find a nicer site! we moved to Cheddar Gorge to finish our holiday and found that several families we had seen at Home Farm had also left early for the same reasons as we had.

Regards P.W.
Hi Pat

Thanks for the advice. I cannot believe that a site could be that awful and not care.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts