Honda CR-V, VW Touran or Vauxhall Zafira

Sep 1, 2005
Visit site
I am looking to change my car and will be using it as a possible tow car. The MTPLM of our van is 1340. Has anyone experience of the above vehicles towing this size of van. I also need a vehicle that is family friendly and good to drive down narrow country lanes so a large 4 x 4 is a none starter. I have many hills near where I live so do not wish to hamper other drivers with something that is under powered. Your help would be appreciated.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Peter, I have a 2006 Diesel CRV and had a 2003 petrol before. The petrol was a competent tower but let down by a miserable nose weight limit of 60kg. The diesel is very good and the nosweight limit was raised to 100kg in 2005. The van was 1350 MPTLM and towed with no stability problems with both of them.

There have been previous posting in this section of the forum, Honda CRV as towcar Mon 28 August and CRV noseweight Fri 18 August.

Ray

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Peter

I have the CRV 2.2 diesel and tow a 1300kg van.

Loads of room inside with a marvelous engine.

0 to 60 in 10.6 secs, 138bhp.

39mpg around town and 29mpg whilst towing.

1500kg towing limit, 100kg noseweight.

The best motor I have ever owned - take a test drive and i'm sure you will be impressed.

Nov 7, 2005
Visit site
...for the record, there's a completely new CRV coming out in January (you can see it on the Honda website) - that's good news for discounts on the current new model, which is clearly a hefty towcar. the new one looks as if it might be sacrificing substance for style and will undoubtedly cost more...and there's no word yet on the hitchweight limit (I bet it comes down from 100ks!!)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts