Honda CRV Diesel Towbar

Apr 18, 2005
Visit site
Is anyone out there using a Honda CRV diesel fitted with a detatchable towbar other than Honda's own, ie Witter or Brink etc. If so is there any problem using an Alko type stabaliser hitch when hitching up, does it foul the spare wheel when the stabaliser handle is in the upright position. I asked my local towbar fitter this question and he put me on to Witter, who told me they did not have a technical help desk and to ask my local distributor. Talk about going round in circles. Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Alan

Jun 26, 2006
Visit site
Yes I have a new diesel CRV fitted with a witter detachable towbar as the garage wouldn't negotiate on the Honda supplied Bosal towbar. The Witter towbar is a neat installation but not as long as the Bosal towbar so fouling the spare wheel is an issue. I have fitted, if that's the right word for taking off the old handle, the alko 4x4 handle which does make it easier but if you are reversing straight on there is still some slight contact. This can be avoided by opening the rear door or angling the vehicle in which case the hitch removes cleanly. In short, the witter towbar does the job well but there is still a bit of faffing around to cleanly engage and disengage. The Bosal bar being longer avoids this but costs over

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts