Honda CRV Problem

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Hi.
Was wondering if anyone may be able to help with an annoying problem with my Honda.
Have also posted on a RAC website but had no replies.
Here goes.......
For about 4 months now,I have noticed,that whilst "cruising"(e.g.having reached 30mph and lifted foot off accelerator slightly,there is a sort of "juddering/hesitation" as though there is a lack of fuel.
As soon as I press the accelerator pedal again,its fine.
Happens in all the gears and at all speeds but when pedal is pressd down to accelerate,there is no problem at all.
Just returned from Lydford with the van and whilst towing,the car was perfect except when I took foot off accelerator pedal and the problems there again.
8 weeks ago I had to have one of the injector seals replaced by Honda(noticed a smell of fumes leaking into the cabin).
They checked the other 3 injectors and said everything was fine.
4 weeks ago(after recommendations from various sources)I spent almost £590 on a new "EGR" valve and had it fitted by an independant garage.
The mechanic said that the old one was in very bad condition and that this should cure the problem.......No it hasnt
smiley-frown.gif

Not sure what to do next as the previous 2 garage visits has cost me almost £850 and cant afford to carry on with this "trial and error" situation.
Fuel consumption is fine(38-42 solo and about 28 whilst towing)Pulls like a dream with van on the back too.
Would anyone here have any thoughts on this problem please?
Many thanks.
Adrian

Oct 28, 2006
Visit site
Throttle pedal petentiometre and idle validation switch maybe?or good repairer with JOBD equipped diagnostic machine and go on data monitor,have a look whats happening.

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for the advice Seth.
Will have to make sure I write that down...he he
Can I ask what a "JOBD"diagnostic machine is please?
Adrian

Oct 28, 2006
Visit site
Japenease onboard diagnostics as agaist our european onboard diagnostics(eobd).The langauge spoken is different to most euopean vehicles.Ive came accross these langauge issues before and it makes it a bit awkward to communicate with a particular ecu.I may be wrong though.

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Hi Chris.
Yes,I tried that but had no response.
Also an RAC chat forum.
Taking the car into Honda tomorrow to try to get this sorted once and for all.
Cant afford any more "trial and error" remedies.
Adrian

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts