Hook up cable tidy recommendation

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
Hi JTQ, I’m not having much luck with this socket, I decided to go with your link and found it’s a Dutch company so doubt it’ll deliver here, found it on Amazon out of stock and not expecting to get any, not to worry I’ll keep looking.
BP

This any help?

Seems "dear", but is it seems an in UK source. It is also not the exact model we have, but ours are all but 20 years old.
Getting stuff from the EU had not been any issue, but barriers went up recently and I have not tried since.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi JTQ price isn’t an issue at all, the extra socket on the outside might even come in handy when we have the awning on, that’s another story, found the awning I want but it’s new 2021 model not available till end March but doubt I’ll need it before then with COVID, I’ve got a plug socket on the outside but might be handy with various things needing power in there, so I’ve ordered one and should be here within the next week, I’m pretty sure I’ve got several plugs from when we used to go abroad in hotels and needed converters, I bet there’s some in the loft if not I can soon get one of them, thanks loads for pointing me in the right direction mate.

BP

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi all, I ordered the plug that was shown by JTQ and it arrived today, I’ve replaced the plug that pushes in to the socket on the caravan and it makes quite a difference to the distance it sticks out, I wanted to change it because the original stuck out so much that it could easily get caught as one of us walks past and catch it on clothes, leg or anything that get moved in the awning, I’m really pleased with the outcome so thanks JTQ, also I watched one of the you tube videos showing how to wind up the lead so as not to tangle, it was actually really easy and no more just chucking it in the cupboard and it coming out like a plate of spaghetti, old dogs can definitely learn new tricks.

Reactions: ProfJohnL and JTQ

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts