Household Cleaners on a Caravan Exterior?

Aug 26, 2005
Visit site
Hiya all

Ok first post, and an important one for me at this point.....

I appreciate there is NO SUBSTITUTE for the proper Caravan Cleaners on the market, but I am sorry to say I cannot afford even the £8.00 for Fenwicks at the moment, and so wondered if there was anything else I could use that would be SAFE!

I have Sugar Soap, I know it can be used as a household Cleaner, but I need to know as soon as, I will be going up to the Caravan tomorrow hopefully to clean it, I have been laid up for 8 months, and although the van is in Secure storage, and was serviced right before it was stored, it hasnt seen any exterior cleaning since Sept last year im sorry to say, it really needs a good clean

Any ideas please?

Chris

Aug 22, 2005
Visit site
Hi Chris,

Honestly it's not worth risking it. My mate really damaged his windows with some household stuff. Try Vanquish 3 in 1 as it's about the same price as Fenwicks but with Fenwicks you have to buy 3 items to get the same result. We swear by it, it will last you a long while as well.

Good luck

Gordon

Aug 26, 2005
Visit site
Hi Chris,

Honestly it's not worth risking it. My mate really damaged his windows with some household stuff. Try Vanquish 3 in 1 as it's about the same price as Fenwicks but with Fenwicks you have to buy 3 items to get the same result. We swear by it, it will last you a long while as well.

Good luck

Gordon
Thanks Gorden, really appreciate the advice :)

Is it available in local stores or is it mail order only?

Samanosoke - Sorry my friend, didnt quite understand that :)

Aug 22, 2005
Visit site
Thanks Gorden, really appreciate the advice :)

Is it available in local stores or is it mail order only?

Samanosoke - Sorry my friend, didnt quite understand that :)
Hi Chris,

They have a website which is advertised in PC. www.fsddirect.co.uk. You can buy it on the website but I checked out the stockists and found one in Huddersfield near me at Lowdhams which wasn't too far to go.

regards Gordon

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Chris

DO NOT USE SUGAR SOAP!!!! its very agressive and will almost certainly damage the paint covering on your caravan panels.

In the absence of a propritry caravan cleaner, consider a normal car wash shampoo. These are designed not to scratch paintwork.

May 28, 2005
Visit site
I have used household cleaners on the outside of my van and they have done a good job, but you must not use anything which is abrasive or they will scratch the finish. Flash liquid or similar is ok, but you will have to apply a wax afterwards as household products strip off any wax finish which is on your paint.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts