How do I get smoke/soot off

May 10, 2005
Visit site
A couple of weeks ago our fridge failed. When we returned to the van there was a strong smell of gas and the vent outside was black with soot or smoke (not sure which). We were running it on gas (we rarely have electric hookup).

Anyway, last week I took it back to the dealer for repair and earlier today I got it back, but they haven't cleaned the vent outside or the side of the van. I've tried AutoGlym shampoo/conditioner with some success, but it still looks quite stained.

Anyone any suggestions have I can remove this unsightly mess before we go off for the weekend?

Trisha

Jun 21, 2006
Visit site
Trisha,

A simple car polish should remove it easily on the paintwork of the 'van.

If it proves to be more stubborn than this then try something a little harsher like T-Cut or cutting polish.

the cutting polish would probably be reasonably effective on the plastic vent as well if it is stained.

Giles

Mar 29, 2005
Visit site
DO NOT USE TCUT ON YOUR PAINT WORK.its only microns thick if its the plastic bit.a cream cleaner with bleach from any supermarket ( 50p) will remove most stains.do not allow it onto any coloured parts.use only a small bit on a rag and one finger.if you press too hard on the vent it will break as i know to my cost.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts