How do I stay 'remembered' on ipad ?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Away from home as now I use ipad and Chrome browser but have to log in every time despite having ticked remember me box.
Why ?
How do I get round this
Ios is current version.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Using Chrome I have to log into my Google account with the password saved in Google, as it doesn't import the password from Safari. On initial entry into a website such as PC Google will offer to either save your password or give you a fresh one which is then saved for future use.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for reply Clive.
I've tried using my Google / gmail account to log on to PCV - it works ok but is still not remembered by the website.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Ray
If you enter the Safari settings mode, click the passwords and auto fill option and select both (2nd line down) and hopefully your details will be saved. :)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks Steve I'll give that a try. I usually use Chrome rather than Safari but some settings do transfer between gmail and main in safari so it may well work.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Steve, it didn't work but thanks for the thought. I've now reduced my login and password to bare minimum so my old brain can remember them and it's accptably quick to log in.
Wouldn't be without my regular 'fix' about noseweights, best movers , and all the other favourites

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
.......I always have my computer, tablet and phone wipe themselves clean of any stored info on close down as a security measure.
I don't see the point of passwords if the device remembers them!
Soon to be the wrong side of 70 so I like to keep the brain memory exercised :blink:

ipad knows best Ray............its just trying to look after you.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Steve, so far as I can see the version of Chrome whice runs under iOS does not have a facility for enabling or otherwise cookies. Certainly not in the Settings section.
Like other Google things e.g. Earth and Maps and Mail it is a cut down version of the Windows version with less features and less access to adjust.
Other websites inform you that they use cookies but not all ask you to click Confirm or Agree.

Looks like it's a compomise you have to accept if you want the portability and general all round good performance of the ipad. Interesting to know if the Android based tablets exhibit the same behaviour.
With pressure on storage space for long stay trips which will become more accute if I follow my present thinking and change vans shortly, I would like to stop carrying a laptop plus power supply plus mouse plus frustrations of W8 or 10 and rely solely on the ipad. I've got a Bluetooth keyboard which helps for long documents and also forms a hard cover, so ditching the laptop is quite attractive.
Thanks again for your interest and suggestions but I think I'll put this one to bed now.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
RayS said:
Hello Steve, so far as I can see the version of Chrome whice runs under iOS does not have a facility for enabling or otherwise cookies. Certainly not in the Settings section.
Like other Google things e.g. Earth and Maps and Mail it is a cut down version of the Windows version with less features and less access to adjust.
Other websites inform you that they use cookies but not all ask you to click Confirm or Agree.

Looks like it's a compomise you have to accept if you want the portability and general all round good performance of the ipad. Interesting to know if the Android based tablets exhibit the same behaviour.
With pressure on storage space for long stay trips which will become more accute if I follow my present thinking and change vans shortly, I would like to stop carrying a laptop plus power supply plus mouse plus frustrations of W8 or 10 and rely solely on the ipad. I've got a Bluetooth keyboard which helps for long documents and also forms a hard cover, so ditching the laptop is quite attractive.
Thanks again for your interest and suggestions but I think I'll put this one to bed now.

I sympathise with your dilemma as I have spent the most of the afternoon trying to update and synch Contacts and Documents between MAC OSX Sierra, an iPod , my wife's iPhone and my Windows 10 phone, via iCloud and One Drive. Instead of carrying paperwork spread between cases I thought what could be easier in this connected age! Got it all to function in the end, but I have still copied quite a number of papers anyway as phones tend to loose charge just when you need them. So there's a plethora of chargers and a power pack, not to mention the cameras and their kit and some generous quantities of SPF 30 too. Oh for 53 years ago when I went to Switzerland shortly after my 17th with just a Kodak Brownie and 2 rolls of film, and Dad's car!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts