How do you load your van?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have been caravanning for a year now and I am wondering how other people load their van, what accessories they put in their car, just incase I am doing anything wrong.

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Lisa.

Have a look at the Tutorial Video on this sites home page about loading the van.

Our van has all its own gear( including clothing ) that lives in it so that it can be on the road in a few minutes and nothing ever gets forgotten.

We have TV, Music and Radio all year around. The van has no TV or any music player and the kids when younger never took Playstations or the like.

BBQ is something cooked on Charcoal not some gas powered Cadaq lump of metal and Gas hose.

Keep what you take to a minimum and you shouldn't have a problem.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks Chris for you rtips, just watched the video and I did not realise that you put your awning so far forward I have always thought that you put it over the axel.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
When we had a caravan we always loaded it through the door - the windows were too high to pass things through. We now do the same with the camper van.
Colin

We normally put the kids on our shoulders and they put things through the window, as you know us Welsh are not that tall!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
When we had a caravan we always loaded it through the door - the windows were too high to pass things through. We now do the same with the camper van.
Lisa although you suggestion is good in theory the practical side is that my daughter is now 37 and my son is almost 26 and I would not now be able to lift either of them without great person injury to myself.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
We like to be able to use the van en-route on long trips so it just gets loaded with items in their designated storage, ie fresh food in the fridge, clothes in the wardrobe and bedding in bed boxes.

"Loose items" like Tv, microwave, bulk food/drink and awning all travel in the car.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts