How do you stop your bits wobbling around ? oo-er missus

May 18, 2007
Visit site
Hi Folks...

Sorry to disappoint with the misleading title.

I was wondering what you guys do with your pots and pans, crockery , glasses etc to stop them knocking and rattling around whilst in transit.

Any ingenious tips to share ?

I assume you have a set of everything to leave in the van, but do they behave themselves if just left in cupboards etc ?

Regards

Steve

SBS

Mar 15, 2007
Visit site
Dinner/side plates in the wire rack. Bowls stacked in the cupboard with a strip of anti-slip mat to separate them. Glasses in clips in the drinks cupboard. Two china mugs in the kitchen divider (slide out thing in our Eccles Onyx). Other cups in a basket in a top cupboard. Pans under the oven with a piece of bubble wrap to stop the Teflon rubbing off the frying pan.

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
The best improvement to keep things in place is to have shock absorbers fitted , i was sceptical at first ,now i wouldnt be without them ,after all you wouldnt drive a car without them

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We've got a plate rack and cup rack. They don't move around. Pans go in the bottom of the oven. The only glass we have are wine glasses and I wrap tea towels round them and lay them flat in one of the lockers.

Other items such as shampoos etc are carried in plastic bags on the floor.

We have a small locker between the fridge and oven. I use that to store a torch, insect repellant candles, toilet chemicals and cleaning detergents etc. The never move around either.

Lisa

Apr 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi Pat

We had never had this problem over five caravans but with our new one we have. I put a strip of the non-slip matting over the rail for travelling and this certainly improved things.

Chris

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
One to annoy Lutz, our twin axle caravans ride so smooth that everything stays in place without assistance.
The same as my single axle senator indiana with shock absorbers fitted ,i will let you know about the T/A when i get my new Lunar Lexon 640 on June 14th

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
For my glass ware I use a tray got from the garden centre that held small pot plants, I mount it on an angled plinth of ply. This enables you to see better. The holes hold the glasses a treat.

SBS

Mar 15, 2007
Visit site
A piece of pipe lagging can help or, alternatively, use elastic bands around the hanger hooks.

PS Pipe lagging has loads of other uses.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
We do much the same as everyone else, but have to say that having shock-absorbers makes a huge difference. The only problem is those 'unseen' speedbumps, particularly in England (usually they're signposted in France), when everything can go flying.

Nov 6, 2006
Visit site
We do the same as Bernadettte-tea towels draped over the locker contents are very good because their weight stops things moving about. Also they can be tucked around things which might chafe the locker sides.

Jul 4, 2005
Visit site
Theres nothing worse than plastic wine glasses....I take 6 glass ones.

To keep them from rolling around .....are you ready for this....very ingenious....I bought a LARGE swimming float (NOT the polystyrene type)but like a rigid foam thing, drew lines around the rims of the glasses on to the foam, cut around the lines with a very sharp knife and insert your glasses rim side down. You can then cut the overall shape to fit exactly the size of your cupboard, you can even cut slots for mugs and a couple of bottles of wine too, and bob's your uncle and fanny's you aunt, you'll have the most useful, light weight glass holder ever.....go on impress your mates....I did!!! I'm a genius!!!

May 21, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

Just got back from a weekend away.I tried the pipe lagging on the hanging rail.Very sucessfull.Only problem we encountered was that you cannot slide the hangers along the rail as the lagging literally keeps them in place.

I suppose I could take off the lagging once on site.

Cheers

Pat

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts