How do you test a Bailey?

Oct 19, 2017
Visit site
Hi all, I've been seriously pre purchase researching in preparation for a good used van buy shortly & have been doing this for some while. A Bailey is on my preferred shortlist & it's favored because of their AluTec system which, if I'm not mistaken, was a revolutionary step forward in van construction, in the attempt to combat the dreaded water ingress.

As the interior panels I believe are GRP, I'm quite unsure how water penetration can be checked for with a damp meter & of course where any weak points are to be found.

Can owners offer me some pointers please?

Mar 8, 2017
wandering.me.uk
Obviously Bailey's advertising has been very successful.

I suggest that when you have found the van you want you employ a caravan service engineer to survey it for you, this will include a damp check but equally importantly a report on the condition of the services. It will be money well spent.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Assuming this is not an Alutech model where the sale price might not justify an independent engineers check, I would agree with Dodger. Although damp is the main worry like a car there are a lot of other working bits that need attention when buying.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts