How Fiat has stolen a march on Peugeot in the new van market

Nov 13, 2008
Visit site
Dear all.

Interesting piece in the blog section from our industry expert Steve Trossell - he's talking about Fiat's auto transmission options and how it gives Fiat-based builders a distinct advantage over those with Peugeot Boxer

The piece can be read here and clicking the link will open it in new window so you can pop back and talk about it if you wish!

Hope you enjoy it

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I did read somewhere that Fiat are pulling out of the Sevel agreement in a few years time and possibly going in a joint venture with Dodge. That should make things interesting

Nov 13, 2008
Visit site
I suspect that is half-right. Before the deal between Chrysler and Fiat, Chrysler was owned by Mercedes Benz. It used to export CKD kit versions of the Sprinter to the USA and badged them as Dodge Sprinters. That has now stopped and Dodge has no panel van in the USA as a result.

However, the Ducato is going on sale in the USA for 2013, badged as a Dodge Ram. I can't see Fiat wanting to develop commercials on its own when the Sevel project works even better for them than either Peugeot or Citroen. But development for the notoriously picky US market could filter back and should ultimately be good news in the medium-term for motor caravanners.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts