How good is your memory?

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
When I was linked to the caravan industry at one of the caravan shows either NEC or Earls Court, Lynton exhibited a four wheel caravan prototype(not twin axle)with a wheel at each corner and a front boggey.Do any of you recall seeing it and if so what were your thoughts,mine was how do you reverse it,the salesman was at a loss to explain!

Aug 2, 2006
Visit site
Hi Plotter, Yes i remember that van, my Dad was an agent for Lynton at the time and we were invited to have a look a the prototype, not to hard to reverse when you got used to it, similar system to a farm cart or some of the 4 wheel trailers you see behind wagons.Don'nt think it got beyond the prototype stage though.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Not surprised that it never got beyond the prototype stage because you need an HGV licence to be allowed to tow such a thing, even if it isn't that heavy (a car licence will only let you tow a close-coupled twin axle, even if it is an upgraded B+E licence).

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
It was an interesting concept and perhaps Lutz you are right maybe that was to be its downfall.It was hard to see the benefit other than possible stability on the road ,but levelling would have been fun.If I recall it was soon after this that Lynton went out of business as far a caravans are concerned but still exist I think making box trailers.Any of you remember any other weird concept vans?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts