How long a Forum Member

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
I have been a member for nearly 4 years now and I have an excellent memory and recognise most of the regular posters.
Recently I have noticed a whole load of new names I have not seen before that joined way before me some as far back as 2005!!
Where have they been? Why are they suddenly posting?
There is no reason why not and I am in no way complaining.......just a bit puzzled!!

Has anyone else noticed this?

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Hmm !

My mate did & he is still puzzled by it
smiley-surprised.gif

retired_greg_puzzled.gif

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
Yes Emmerson.

………. I realised you and others have been members much longer than me and your joining dates are shown wrongly.

Is that the reason in reverse why these members are shown to have joined ages ago or have they just been dormant?

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
emmerson said:
There are also some of us who've been members for years, but are shown as only having joined after the forum shake-up.

During the shake-up didn't some people have trouble logging on as themselves and re-applied under a different name initially, and were therefore technically new members? I used the same user name on the revised site and had continuity.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I don't think that the length of membership information can be relied upon.
I've also noticed some 'new' forum members who are shown as veterans, either they joined and lurked or the date information system is incorrect.
It's true that one or two have returned after they left during the upgrade problems though because the volume of forum traffic is increasing, as it tends to at this time of year.

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
emmerson said:
There are also some of us who've been members for years, but are shown as only having joined after the forum shake-up.

Ditto, but in my case it was due to a new web address. I also had to add a "1" as my user name was taken. Yes, by me!

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
As i remember it, I couldn't log in for weeks, and then it let me in, then blocked again, so I emailed Parksy and spat my dummy out!!! I didn't post for a while, but then it all got sorted, and I finshed up as a new member!
But what the hell, I'm still here, and I know how old I am.
smiley-wink.gif

TRENDING THREADS