How many times a year ?

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 27, 2005
Visit site
probably only about 20 nights this year due to work commitments.tend not to price it out,why bother if its something you can afford and enjoy doing ? van was cheap at 2700 for a 94 so guess depriciation wont be an issue.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
When one has spent a working life all over the U.K. and overseas the stainless steel in one hotel looks very much like the stainless steel in another.

If you apply the rules of cost analisis to your holiday thats your choice but the delights of caravaning, walking and cycling wherever you chose, for Linda and I, beats anything that I am interested in doing for a holiday. within reason so= the cost.

ttfn
Hear! Hear! Mike, couldn't agree more.

May 2, 2006
Visit site
Stick to the question. sorry Dave.

have been away eleven nights to date.

this month its to Italy for 30 nights.

September is 14 nights in France.

The rest of the year whenever the guarden lets us. Hot weather and yellow lawns is good.

I recon about 70 to 85 nights. without the winter which is less predictable. ( and it depends if my CRAP TAPS get tempermental in the cold)

ttfn
Sorry Mike, I have always had a tendency to ramble. Did I ever tell you about......

Mike A

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Mike A, I don't think Norfolk Mike was referring to you about sticking to the question. Further back Mike posted without answering the question of how long he spends away. Hope I'm right in my assumption and that clears up any misunderstanding. If not I'll go stand back in the corner :O)

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Have to agree that some sites are now on par with B & B costs. I notice that some CC sites are nudging the bottom end of the B & B market and a few commercial sites are already in that bracket. With the price of petrol etc some sites are going to price themselves out of the market and in the main I am refering to sites without club houses and entertainment. My view is that we should not be paying more than

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Probably about 65/70 nights this year by making the most of weekends as fortunatly both myself and Andrea dont work weekends. Regarding the cost caravaning is a hobby for us that allows us to spend our leisure time where we want to be out in the countryside. Like most hobbies how much you spend on your outfit is your own decision, as is what you spend while you are away in the caravan.

Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
To Mike A.

L.B. is right, my comment was directed at me and an earlier posting. But hell you have a ramble if you want, from what I see and read most of us would join you.

ttfn

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Sorry, thought the original question was about something else, just about to say only on birthdays and New Years, but that's my problem.....

;o)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts