How much do you move the contents around before the journey?

Sep 15, 2007
Visit site
We are just getting the caravan ready for the weekend and quite a lot of the stuff is quite neatly put into the cupboards, now there is nothing really that can move around very much and all of our stuff is quite light weight so there is nothing heavy in the overhead lockers. Can I just leave it there?

Sep 15, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

Our van is stored at home. when we set up at the beginning of the season - usually February - everything is put into the van that is essential for caravanning and there it stays for the whole year.

As long as you put lightweight things in top lockers and heavy things under the seats you shouldn't have a problem.

Pam.

Aug 9, 2005
Visit site
Yes we do the same, once in that's where it stays, as Pam says heavy things in the floor lockers, or over the axle, light things in overhead lockers.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Kirstie,

Both Pam and Shiba, have advocated keeping heavy items low down and I fully agree with that. Whilst it is advantageous to keep heavy items as close to the axle as possible, you may find you need to move such items further forward or back in the caravan to achieve the correct nose load. But always try to keep the load as low down in the caravan as possible.

May 25, 2005
Visit site
Hello Kirstie

We also pack the van at the beginning of the season and keep it that way until November when it needs servicing.

I find that the non-slip rubber 'matting' is wonderful in keeping things like pans and tinned goods safe and sound. I also use it to stop items such as cereals (usually transported in the kitchen area top locker) safe and sound. Well worth buying a roll from your local accessory shop as it has no end of uses.

Ann

Jan 19, 2007
Visit site
Hi

We also leave much of our caravanning gear in the van all season (heavy low with some light in roof lockers) but we also regularly check the nose weight. Its the combination of low and high that matters and not low and high in isolation.

Happy Loading

Denise

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts