How old is your caravan

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Could someone please tell me how you tell the age of a caravan.I know you look at its vin no, but if the vin no tells you its a 2003 model but its cris says it was first registered in 2004,what is it a 2003 van,or a 2004 van.

thanks

Andy

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
Andy,

I'm afraid it's more complex than one year or another.

Most van manufactures start their manufacturing year in late summer usually end of august -September so If I go an buy a van that was made yesterday then in would more than likely be a 2006 year model that was built in 2005!!

So I believe CRIS would have it down as a 2005 model which it really isn't (stand to be corrected on that) what is more complex is that many van dealers have been a bit over stocked this year and could still have some 2004 vans in stock. I know one chain which will give you a van if you by another. There're that desperate as is their bank manager to shift stock!!

Regards Monkeys Husband

G

If you contact the manufacturer with the chassis number then they will be able to tell you the date of manufacture. If there is a manual with the van then this date may be stamped somewhere. However, I do agree some dealers may try to suggest a van is younger than it actually is, but if there is a significant difference I would suspect you would have a case under the trades description Act. After all a 2005 van can be made any date between 1st January and 31st December and still be legal.

Oct 13, 2005
Visit site
my guess would be its the same as with cars, the date its first sold is the birth date of the van, believe me there are many 2005 cars that were made a long time before 2005. I have seen "new" cars sit in a field for nearly 2 years before being sold and registered as that years car, I wouldn't be surprised if the same happens to vans

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The gas and electric have got to be tested and signed for.Paperwork fo this should be included with the manual.Same applies to chassis, frige etc.I have three or four of these all stating instalation date or when tested.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts