How said dogs cannot open doors

Apr 27, 2006
Visit site
Left the dog locked in the caravan on Saturday, all windows slightly open, skylights open, flyshades down and under a tree, before anyone says I should not leave her in the caravan! Driving off up the track to start shearing when looking out of back window there she was legging it behind us. Went back and she has now mastered the art of opening the caravan door from inside.

Any ideas how to stop her doing this. Have thought of getting a letter box cover but how do I attach this to the top door?

Take her with us whenever possible, she does whine, but we were sheep shearing and not possible to take her this time.

Debbi

Jul 1, 2006
Visit site
The problem with most caravan door locks is they open when you press the inside handle down. We got over this in our old caravan by buying an opposite handled lock for a door that opened the other way. Unfortunately they're not available for our present van (2006 Coachman).

Mar 7, 2006
Visit site
can you put something in front of the door to get in the dogs way, our dog can open doors at home and if needed we put a chair in front of the door before closing it, or even the hoover because she hates the hoover so we know she wont make any attempt to go for the door.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
This might be over the top here but how about a latch and padlock / pin on the outside. Doesn't have to stop the hulk just a little one... ? Thats the easy way out in my mind....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts