How to clean your caravan

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Probably true Craig in view of where the lesson took place. But to be fair someone somewhere had to help :whistle:
For me,
Muc off or Fenwick black streak remover.
Fenwick caravan shampoo followed by Fenwick zbobby Dazzler
Once a year. Autoglym super resin gloss followed by their Extra Gloss polish.

There are alternatives but sadly no one has yet come up an easy elbow grease B)

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Dustydog said:
Probably true Craig in view of where the lesson took place. But to be fair someone somewhere had to help :whistle:

That's exactly right – and we do state that clearly in the article, and list (and photograph) other brands.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I like the definition of a small amount of polish in Photo 10. I initially thought that I was on a plastering tutorial :)

It's a helpful article but one thing that always gets me is that the adjustable hose fed brushes have plastic push fit connectors between the hose and brush. When you are cleaning the roof the brush is horizontal or has it's handle slightly raised. The hose is the routed downwards at an angle to the brush. And bingo the male Hozelock-type connector breaks off of the brush. So on every brush I have owned I have had to modify it to take a brass fitting. Time for another Milenco product launch?

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
A good car shampoo for me, with a wax if I feel up to it.

PS Is that a new make of Caravan or have they got the negative the wrong way round,

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
Tesco washing powder and luke warm water and Cif for the black streaks.........I really know how to look after my caravan :lol:

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I once bought a van that had been standing under trees for some two years. It was covered in algae, black mould, bird droppings and general muck. The initial clean was with Flash followed by a car shampoo. It came up a treat and after that it was back primarily to Fenwicks.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Caravan goes for a service in two weeks so I hope they do it and the weather is dry so it does not get messed up coming back.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
I was thinking the same thing as ours is minging of coming back from Scotland in sleety snowy weather so I was hoping for a little courtesy wash when it goes in for the lights warranty work !! :p

Craig .

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We plan a trip soon and this week was going to be wash week but I don't think so with minus temperature. So the Fenwicks will have to stay on a while longer and no doubt collect more dirt. Apologies if I should pitch up next to anyone's pristine van. If it should upset you then close the blinds or go for a walk :)

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
+1 for Muckoff - for the record currently on offer at Halfords £4.99 for the 1L spray of £17.99 for 5L bottle - over 25% saving.
A useful tip - put about half a cupful in your washer bottle and you will never evr have smearing.

Spray it on, leave it for a few minutes, then brush it with a car was brush and wash it off. After that I usually spray the van with car wash/wax, leave that for a few minutes and spray it off as well (you can brush it if you like as it gives a better finish.)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts