How to open two cupboard doors at the same time.

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
Despite numberous qualifications in engineering the double cupboard doors in our bathroom have got me baffled. When you open one door you can't open the other and vice versa. You can open both at the same time.

I can see no mechanical linkage that locks one when the other is open. Magnet maybe; sunspots;5G;Trump; gravitational field.......

However it works I can't see the logic behind it.

Gold star to whoever can tell me how and why.

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
I give up. After two weeks of trying to figure this out - not just me but the wife as well - this morning I can open both at the same time.

This is going to bug me until I can figure out why it was happening.

Pictures please, just got back from Paying my local landlord the fees to keep the pub open.

I didn't think you bought beer but just rented it :)

Reactions: Hutch

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
I am going to guess that when you opened one it shoved the carpet into the other, so you couldn’t open the other at the same time as you needed to shove the carpet back. I am further guessing that what has since happened is that your constant attempts has moved the carpet so that it is no longer fouling.
Complete shot in the dark. Is there a prize if I’m right? 😀
Mel

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
Mel, I like your line of thinking but its a wall cupboard and we haven't got around to lining the walls with the best Wilton yet. :)

However, you might be on the right lines as we have anti-slip mat inside the cupboard and maybe that's moving around. I need some more testing.

The prize is knowing you were right. 👍

Thanks

Reactions: Mel

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
Its an Elddis Xplore 304 but I don't think this a design feature as it makes no sense. The engineer in me just wants to know what the problem is.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts