How's your Easter weather

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
I'm sure someone is getting it a lot worse than we are at the moment with two days of extreme winds, heavy rain, glorious sunshine, thunderstorm with some lightening and hail stones thrown in....

Apart from that the piece of lamb & beef cooked lovely for tea....

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Got me wet suit on, me web feet in order, battened down the hatches, can't hear the Mrs talk as the rain is hammering it down, ah peace at last. Pint of beer in hand ah pure bliss. (I think) home tomorrow after I put on the wet suit to clear up.

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
I was in Shropshire last week - had glorious weather, but this w/e at home as it is a BH. Many reasons to avoid them!, Weather?, Crowds, ? Traffic! Got some jobs to do on motor bike, day in the garage. Listening to the rain. Enjoy your Easter tin tenters!

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Here just outside Glasgow its been quite reasonable. Very windy Saturday night and some rain but nothing as bad as the rest of you seem to have had.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
NEVER KNOWN A NIGHT LIKE IT :S

Us workers always go away on Bank Holiday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Women are so demanding, Katie kept me up most of the night, she started about 10.00pm and was relentless until about 4.30am to 5.00am.
Had the Kampa porch awning up with the truck directly in front of it to act as a wind break, Wind hitting at 60 to 70 mph, the awning was taking a real battering but held out, then with the rain we started to start paddling in the awning, luckily the pitch slopes backwards and about 10 feet from the awning it was a foot deep and about an inch inside the awning covering the floor tiles. The rain was that intense it really did sound like a sub machine gun on repetition.

Any way can any one tell me what I do when that current bun thing peeps out of the sky :kiss:

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Gagakev said:

Women are so demanding, Katie kept me up most of the night, she started about 10.00pm and was relentless until about 4.30am to 5.00am.

:eek:hmy: lucky sod :kiss:

Try some of these next time :lol:
Ear-plugs-they-may-save-y-008.jpg

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
A bit too hot to sit in the sun midday, but otherwise - beautiful !

Got down to 16C at 03.00 this morning. Pollen levels a bit high from mimosa.

Sorry guys but couldnet resist.

Hope you have a better week later on. Best wishes from Almeria.

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Just got back from along week end in north wales and to be honest I didn't know whether to laugh or cry i have never seen so many tents and awning fly past the front window we even had a family stay on Saturday night in the porch awning because theirs tent had blown down and snapped a few poles then there was the rain we even had hailstone but what surprised me most was the porch awning we got with the van when we bought it 2 yrs ago but never used it until this wk end it didn't budge or let in any water at all :) and the best thing i seen this wk end was caravnner and camper all pulling together in the wind and rain trying to keep tents/awning on the ground also making sure things were safe and everyone had somewhere to stay for the night, Good old British spirit :)

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
We were in the new forest for the storm. The van rocked a bit it must be said but the air-framed porch awning was the business. I even managed to cook breakfast on the cadac during a particularly heavy outburst of hail stones (the fishing umbrella kept the worst of it off). In the morning it was sad to see that some folk had ditched their tents into the skip. I can’t help but wonder if for some families that would be their one and only experience of camping and that perhaps the kids are going to miss out on future trips because of one bad experience.

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Sproket said:
Gagakev said:

:eek:hmy: lucky sod :kiss:

Try some of these next time :lol:
Ear-plugs-they-may-save-y-008.jpg

I kept out the worst of the noise with Beer-plugs

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts