Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Rest in eternal peace HRH Prince Phillip Duke of Edinburgh
Patron of the Caravan and Motorhome Club

Last edited:
Reactions: Jcloughie
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Listening to all the tributes to the Duke of Edinburgh we can only think of the work and commitment he gave to this country but also to is wife. We won't see someone like him again and can only send our deepest sympathy to the Royal family. RIP HRH Prince Phillip.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Sometimes people wonder if their life has made a difference, so its important to understand that yes it has. Everyone without exception at some time in their life has touched at least one other person, and that has changed their life in some way. Every life has made a difference, and most people touch many people, so HRH Prince Philip through direct and indirect means has probably made a difference to millions.

My heartfelt condolences to HRH Queen Elizabeth and the Royal family and the house hold.

RIP.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I am grateful for the Duke if Edinburgh awards as both our children participated and our granddaughter almost completed her Silver before lockdown 1 led to her camping being cancelled. She intends to continue in September. Such a scheme has helped countless young people from different backgrounds to build confidence and resilience.

Our thoughts are with Her Majesty and the Royal Family.

Reactions: Jcloughie
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
This man fought in war and stood by our long serving Queen most of his life doing and supporting excellent causes. Latterly maybe the critics gobbed but come on . Not many can say they served their Queen and Country so well and for so long .RIP

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
A stalwart with a sharp tongue. RIP

20-25 years ago, my friends sister was a producer at the BBC. She was involved in preparing his, (and other members of the family) obituaries way back then, no wonder the TV channels are prepared.

I remember she found it funny gaining access to Buck house in her beat up Fiesta.

John

Reactions: Parksy
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site

20-25 years ago, my friends sister was a producer at the BBC. She was involved in preparing his, (and other members of the family) obituaries way back then, no wonder the TV channels are prepared.

I remember she found it funny gaining access to Buck house in her beat up Fiesta.

John
Similarly the Royal l Navy regularly practice for royal or state funerals with the gun carriage, which is drawn by Royal Navy personnel.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site

John

It's normal for the media to have pre-prepared obituaries and tributes for prominent dignitaries, and keep them updated - I do find the repetitive wall-to-wall coverage excessive despite admiring the man immensely.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
It's normal for the media to have pre-prepared obituaries and tributes for prominent dignitaries, and keep them updated - I do find the repetitive wall-to-wall coverage excessive despite admiring the man immensely.
It’s not unexpected is it, and it was only for 12 hours on the day of the Duke of Edinburg’s death assuming you were up until midnight that is.

. If you were desperate for tv, there were programmes on Ch 4 and 5, with some nice ones from Carol Klein, Kate Humble and the on the Moselle. Streaming services we’re available too, or you could watch some recordings. Today the main channels seem to be back to normal. So not really a hardship to my mind.

Reactions: JTQ
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Just finished watching the ITV tribute to D o E thus ending my Saturday morning. Not a waste of time but a truly interesting insight to a man, a legend ,who with The Queen represented our Country on a worldwide scale. He included 20 visits to Australia amongst thousands more. The history lesson for this old dog was welcome and enjoyed. A great man. I can say with a resounding NO, I have not wasted my time! Very shortly I shall listen to the 41 gun salute and raise a glass at the end.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Just finished watching the ITV tribute to D o E thus ending my Saturday morning. Not a waste of time but a truly interesting insight to a man, a legend ,who with The Queen represented our Country on a worldwide scale. He included 20 visits to Australia amongst thousands more. The history lesson for this old dog was welcome and enjoyed. A great man. I can say with a resounding NO, I have not wasted my time! Very shortly I shall listen to the 41 gun salute and raise a glass at the end.
I watched last nights tribute and surprising how little I knew about his family background and early life. Plus in the mid fifties he was raising concerns over the receding glaciers. Like you I did not regret my time watching.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Watching the tribute to Prince Philip last night was both moving and interesting, thinking of him as the Queens husband could make you forget his input into so many areas that now concern us. He seems to have been ahead of the game about enviromental issues, encouraging the youth to develop their own abilities in the Duke of Edinburgh award scheme. Looking at how much the Queen has relied on him for the past seven decades makes you hope that she can continue without his support and partnership. Keeping fingers crossed that she may continue longer being the person she is So many of the Royal family has so much to live up to in this partnership, they have been around for so long that we could take them for granted, good wishes to Prince Philip and sincere support to the Queen at this time of mourning. The tribute was aimed just right for us to appreciate this amazing couple who have given so much to us in so many ways.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
““It looks as if it was put in by an Indian” – pointing at an old-fashioned fusebox in a factory near Edinburgh in 1999.”

And things haven’t improved in another 22 years.

2325BBAE-D8E8-432D-BA88-CAF11A25142C.jpeg

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Is that your current home EHU?
It’s a new concept in weatherproofing. Supposedly an improvement on IP 66 as the residence time of any water ingress is zero, and any residual moisture dries out as soon as the sun comes out. The door provides even greater electrical integrity and safety and discourages children or livestock from probing the internals, and it is auto cooled, sensing the need to open when the wind blows.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts