Hymer Nova water ingress!!

Apr 3, 2005
Visit site
We picked up our brand new Hymer nova last week, couldn't wait to get away for the weekend this week! we got on site on friday evening in quite heavy rain, as we were setting up, my wife called me inside to look at some water on the bedroom floor, after further inspection we realised the water was running down the wall behind the mirror, not just running, it was pouring! we used 3 rolls of kitchen towel, then hand and bath towels, just to cotain the flow of water!

We took the van back to the supplying dealer who said it appeared to be coming from the awning rail.

We thought we were buying quality with a Hymer, but we are not so sure now, our confidence has taken a right kicking!

Anyone had a similar experience?

Andrew.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Andrew, sorry to hear of your troubles - how disapointing on a brand new van. I can't comment on Hymers, no doubt others will - but whatever you do demand either a refund or a replacement van from your dealer. Goods must be fit for purpose, under the Sale of Goods Act - clearly this van is not! DO NOT ACCEPT a repair - you don't know what damage has been done to the timber framing inside, damp could be sealed in which could rot the timbers and make the van worthless. How long was it sitting in the dealer's yard before you bought it? Don't be fobbed off, the law is on your side. Good luck

Apr 3, 2005
Visit site
Mike

As a Hymer owner of over 5 years (trouble free, I am appalled at your experience, please keep us informed of future happenings
Hi mike, thank you for your concern, after speaking to our dealer we are now waiting for them to confirm that we can have a new replacement, they have been very helpful but need confirmation from Hymer! They also say that ours is only the second Hymer they have had returned with water ingress! we should hear tomorrow, we will keep you informed.

best wishes, Andrew & sally.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts