HyperMarche en route?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I'm looking for a Hyper Market between Calais and CAen at which to stop and stock up. I'm taking the obvious A28/29:A13 route. I can't go to one in Calais as we're arriving at 07:30. Any ideas?

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Boulogne may be too soon - the one that springs to mind for easy access and if you have a caravan in tow is Cora just on the other side of the Caen ring road. When approaching the peripherique follow the signs for Cherbourg - you will come out on the other side on the N13. Cora is just off this road on the right hand side on the industrial estate at Carpiquet - flags all up the driveway, you can't miss it. The car park is massive so you will have no problems with caravan.

Mar 14, 2005
jondogoescaravanning.com
When you leave the A16 for the A28, if you head towards Abbeville centre, just over a mile away is an Intermarche with easy towing access into the fuel station. Very easy to regain the A28 for Rouen. You'll see it on Google earth at 50.12747N//1.83009E. There's also a much larger Geant but that is at the other end of town.

Nov 16, 2007
Visit site
Hi

don't know how far you are going or where but given that Caen is only 5 hours from Calais plenty of time to stock up locally once you get there. I don't want to sound pompous but local supermarket prices are not much dearer than the hypermarkets ( been down that route often,travelling from the north west of scotland, like Normandy and Brittany a lot), if really stuck we sometimes stock up at Tesco in Folkestone.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
At the risk of bending your credit card out of all recognition, look at the commercial area just inland from Boulogne on the main road to St. Omer

The only downside, apart from the stress fracture of the credit card - is that the pumps are, as usual, fairly caravan unfriendly, but there is everything else there you could need - auchun, and enormous bricolage etc. etc.

It's only a mile or so inland from the Calais - Caen road and hectares of parking - you could do a lunchtime stop there and no-one would notice.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts