Hyundai Santa Fe Premium versus Kia Sorento XK2

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
steve w77 said:
My Sorento only has a 80Kg nose weight, but after dumping all the accumulated rubbish from my Swift 530 Utopia, I have no trouble at all getting down to the lower limit. Last year I towed 6000 miles through France & Spain without any problems.

Steve W
Steve
What model do you have?
My 2005Sorento CRDI XS has a noseweight limit of 112Kgs.

Oct 6, 2008
Visit site
forest gump said:
the antara is a poor tow car my friend had one and it came to a stand still on a hill towing it could not pull the van up a hill.It was unreliable and the life time warenty was only 100 tho or 7 years witch ever came first and was not inter changerble fule consumption was very bad.He took it back in the end and got a bmw x5 i my self have not had one .

A sweeping statement from a person who has never owned one !!!
One persons mechanical misfortune and you are prepared to write a vehicle off ??

Mat

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
In reply to post 24
What weight was your friend attempting to tow of the hill?

What was the gradient, did it exceed the manufactures limit for that gradient?

As your friend then stepped up to a X5, it suggests that the car maybe was underpowered for the weight of the car.

I know the T30 xtrail has a weak handbrake, but that doesn't make the xtrail a poor tow car.
smiley-laughing.gif

Remember the advise of old for hill starts, the use of wheel chocks, reversing the caravan back to an angle, all to aid setting of on the steep hills?
smiley-cool.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts