I don't believe it!

Mar 26, 2020
Visit site
Hi all, After a 20 year gap we purchased a fairly new van in June 2019, this turned out to have a leaky roof and as we bought it on the very day Lunar went bust it caused us a few headaches. After returning the van using the HP rules to our advantage, for the first time ever, we then bought a really good one owner Bailey Pursuit in November. Can you see where this is going yet? After managing a few days in Scotland and the Lakes in November we laid up the van for winter and waited patiently for spring. Well like many others we escaped for a few days in March before all the sites were closed and now await the all clear to start again! Ever wish you hadn't seen the damn thing in the first place? Happy holidays everyone. :)

Reactions: JezzerB

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi caravanman, welcome to the forum.
It's a shame about the Lunar but well done for using HP rules for returning it.
Unfortunately we're all stuck with no immediate prospect of using our caravans, but imagine how much we'll all enjoy going away again when this current situation is over.

Mar 26, 2020
Visit site
Thanks for the positive response. Too be honest the post was a bit tongue in cheek as if you don't laugh at the situation you might just drown in tears of frustration. We can't wait to get away but looking at the long term prospects wonder how many small campsites will survive the season having spent last years profits on refurbs and upgrades. Lets hope we can all support British holidays this year!

Reactions: JezzerB and Parksy
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Hello Caravanman, welcome, yes a frustrating time at the moment, in more than just non caravanning. I wish I had put mine on the drive way. At least we could have sat in it and waited for the rain. That's what normally happens when I get it out of storage.

• Haha
Reactions: JezzerB and Parksy

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
You're lucky.
I was hoping to bring our caravan from storage to prepare it for our first trip to Devon with the Woosies. (see Woosie thread in Chit Chat)
Unfortunately I've been overtaken by events, so the caravan has to stay where it is until this is over.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We had booked a summer seasonal as for the last two years our touring has been very diminished. Got the van out cleaned it, checked all systems and it’s now back in store. Seasonal pitch has been cancelled and refunded. Van went up for sale recently but it’s not an ideal time is it. Not least that travelling to see a caravan doesn’t seem to be on the Governments approved list of essential activities. 😰

Looking forwards to touring late 2020 and beyond. 🤗 as we’ve been here before. I will probably finish up as UKs oldest and least travelled caravan owner.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2020
Visit site
We were going to Keswick in February but it was flooded so went to calais instead for too much wine 🍷. Worked out well really considering. Can't wait to get the van out and about as I still haven't worked everything out, but it is now spotlessly clean!! Wonder where it will all end, but priority is to keep safe!

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Yes We had to cancel the Spring Woosie fest, but at least we managed to keep the deposits over for another time.
Too much wine, no such thing🍷👍

May 7, 2012
Visit site
That's life. Into each life a little rain must fall but you hope not through the caravan roof. At least you got it sorted but as it stands ours is locked in the storage and we cannot get in even just to sit in it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts