I got her today woohoo

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Hiya Guys

Just thought I'd let you all know I picked up my NEW (ish) 1998 Elddis Hurricane GT today (had to wait while she was serviced and all cleaned up by the dealer).

And I'm chuffed to bits with her, shes spotless inside and even the mechanic said he hasn't seen such a well cared for van like this for its age.

So I've spent most of the day packing and repacking to get everything in the right place, I've fitted a car stereo (really easy) and generally just got use to where switches are etc.
Next thursday I'm heading upto Devizes (local to me) way to test her out for a couple of days.

I think I have everything I need, but during next week I will load her up as if I'm off away and take her to the weigh bridge in Salisbury to make sure the weight is good (checked the nose weight today and well under my 75kg max (60kg).

Then roll on sept when I will stick in a weeks leave and ****** off somewhere to really test her out.

All I can add is hopefully I'll meet you guys somewhere sometime in the future for a brew/wine/beer and a giggle.

Paul

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Congratulations on collecting your caravan Paul, enjoy the first trip and I hope that you have many happy times away in your Elldiss.
I hope to hold you to the promise of a beer or three someday.

May 7, 2007
Visit site
Hi Paul,

Glad to hear you have got the van and are pleased with it. Lets hope the weather gets a bit better for your maiden trip.

Just one thing I would check. I find the caravan tows better when my nose weight is near the max (in your case 75kg) if it's to light on the front you could have to much weight towards the back of the van which could result in instability.

By the way, are you based in Wilton, my son-in-law and daughter were based there for a few years, they now live at RAF Valley, on Anglesey, North Wales.

All the best

Graham

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Parksey - I look forward to it, it would be good to pick peoples brains who have been doing this for years and just to make some new friends from around the country.

Graham - Thank you you've just answered one of the question I was going to ask about nose weight. No I'm not at Wilton sadly being Army we got stuck in Bulford for our sins (and to keep us away from the locals), we're not as posh as the RAF old chap ;-) but then again I am a Cavalry so almost there!

May 7, 2007
Visit site
Hi Paul,

Haha I like it, although saying that my sil was army, he was a dog handler. He was at Wilton, about 5 years ago now so things may have changed in that time. He's now a staff sergeant at RAF Valley. I thought there might have been a chance you knew him. Never mind it's a big country LOL.

All the best

Graham

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Nigel

Sorry for the late reply but been a busy man.....yes it is...a complete newbie to the world of caravans but certainly not my forst to sleeping under the stars (just a little more comfortable this time).

This weekend (bank holiday) I'm doing my first outing at a local CC CL site up by devices just to make sure I have everything I need and I'm happy with what I'm doing.....though I must admit I've practically lived in it all week lol.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts