I just had to smile !

Apr 15, 2005
Visit site
Hope everyone had a Happy Uneventful Easter and lots of chocolate eggs.....Hope the Forum Rally was a great success again this year.

Having just come back from an Easter rally in Belgium, and visiting Holland and Germany as well I had to smile and think about some of the topics which have raised such a lot of debate on the forum recently.

We did not experience any major traffic jams or problems from the many, many wider caravans who were on the narrower roads. Some of these caravans were not only 250 wide but many were 650 and longer and we never experienced any problems.

Many were being pulled safely by 4x4`s not large commercial vehicles and the main culprits holding up traffic were small vehicles being driven very slowly and caravans and lorries had to overtake them.

In the early morning I like many others went to the wash rooms in house coat and as I did not experience a cleaner waiting as I came out from the shower, I took the `mop or sqeezie` provided and made sure that the shower was how I had found it and ready for the next person to shower.

On one camp site the caravans and awnings were so close to each other you could have touch the next one and there was no red fire bucket in sight.

Many of the awnings were so close because they are double or treble length with extra rooms attached and they stay up with the caravan all season. The caravanners just leave everything in situ and come back the next weekend. Noone touches or takes anything...I could not get over how you can leave everything on site for days at a time.

All the pitches had electricity and on one site even drains so you could run your waste water pipe straight from your caravan into the drain.

These sites were big with hundreds of people either in mobile caravans and statics. The facilities were second to none and the clean and tidy it seems a long way from some of the sites in the UK.

Although I still like caravanning in the UK they really know how to do it in Europe.

Jan 7, 2007
Visit site
Hi Joyce,

Good posting with interesting observations,it's funny how the Europeans don't seem to have all these dramas with caravans, sites & tow cars the same as we do isn't it?

Anyway I'm glad you had a good Easter,so did we at sunny Skeg-Vegas with the children. Far too much chocolate though, we are having to hide it around the house so they don't eat it all at once!

It was good to see you again at the Newark show which will hopefully become bigger & better next year and maybe more forum users will go?

Maybe we should try Europe once we get the new van?

Caroline

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts