I wish I had been........

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
My dear L.B,we may be more privileged than most which is born into and not acquired. It does not,however, give us a right to be ethically judgemental on those prodgeniture who where born into a lesser social class

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
My good Lady C, just because they were born of a lower social class doesn't give them reason to sit on their derrieres all day. The local under class manage to find a groat or two when they have need to visit the alehouse or bookies. Probably the monies they received after pilfering the lead off my roof at Screwham Hall.

My serfs do hard labour for remuneration and produce from my fields and creamery. I'm also sure you show favours to your peasants, your gamekeeper Mellors for example :O)

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
Equally then sir,It is right for the privileged to repose on their derrieres for the social class reason you cite?I find it rather amusing that some estates(for some reason Norfolk comes to mind... )claim to be penniless when it come to the upkeep of their and go cap in hand to the nearest heritage charity or government of the day.Yet likewise,they always seem to find money in the coffers for the gala balls or lastest Range Rover to tug their beloved caravan.The only thing amiss hee is the hard labour for renumeration to afford it!

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
I wish I'd Joined a political party and become an MP so that I could live the lap of luxury at the tax payers expense.

I would have bought a crap flat in London claimed expenses as my second home and rented it to Albanian imigrants payed for by the Social services.

I would have married a bad tempered ugly female banker so that I could get my hands on her bonus (wouldn't go near her for any other reason) and used my connections to get a criminaly well paid non exec directors job at the bank.

Then like all the best bankers I would have retired at 50 on 600k per year pension to top up my MP's pension.

Oh and to get some real street cred I would have got myself caught in the act with my Commons private secratary and sold the story to the Sun.

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
At times I wished I had been a sit at home housewife. But my two kids have done OK and seem well adjusted adults and they got a good education and travelled a lot with us. My daughter is now a hard working mum.

So I'm really happy with my lot all in all.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts