I wish I had been........

Feb 24, 2008
Visit site
We have the plumbers in today, one of whom is at college learning the trade. With reference to the seeming shortage of plumbers and the prices they charge, my OH said "If I had my time again I would seriously thinking about becoming a plumber". It got me thinking what I would have liked to be if I had my time again. I think I would like to have been a Social Worker or a Community Psychiatric Nurse - what about you?

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I would be a gold digger and marry an extremely old oil billionnaire. A bit like Anna Nicole Smith but without all that blonde hair and big boobies.... oh, and I wouldn't want to end the way she did.

Maybe, in hingsight, I'll stick with what I've got. LOL!!

Lisa

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I would be a gold digger and marry an extremely old oil billionnaire. A bit like Anna Nicole Smith but without all that blonde hair and big boobies.... oh, and I wouldn't want to end the way she did.

Maybe, in hingsight, I'll stick with what I've got. LOL!!

Lisa
'hindsight' LOL!

May 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi Valerie , my wife is a Community Psychiatric Nurse and I'm sure she would try to talk you out of that choice.

Myself,I sell caravans,what more could I want?

Brian ;O)

Mar 24, 2009
Visit site
Hi Valerie , my wife is a Community Psychiatric Nurse and I'm sure she would try to talk you out of that choice.

Myself,I sell caravans,what more could I want?

Brian ;O)
I think I would be a travelling person, what could be better, Living in a caravan all year, no site fees, no tax, no rates and no worries.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
In 1976 our school introduced a brand new subject, Computer Science. Computers filled a room and data went in on paper tape or cards. I was quite good at it and considered a career as a systems analyst. I would have been in on the ground floor, probably running IBM by now. Me and Bill gates would have been best mates. But No, I thought I want to help people, I'll work for the NHS..... bloody idiot careers teacher!!!

mel

Nov 20, 2007
Visit site
I would work for the local council, use all my sick days allowance up every year and look forward to a fat index linked pension....

Apr 30, 2008
Visit site
In 1976 our school introduced a brand new subject, Computer Science. Computers filled a room and data went in on paper tape or cards. I was quite good at it and considered a career as a systems analyst. I would have been in on the ground floor, probably running IBM by now. Me and Bill gates would have been best mates. But No, I thought I want to help people, I'll work for the NHS..... bloody idiot careers teacher!!!

mel
Lol I was in the same situation as you mel but a couple of years earlier. Couldnt get anyone to take me on, they all wanted people with experience. Ended up working in the Insurance industry for 20 years

G

Should have followed my gut feeling and taken Law instead of Engineering. Would have been rich and never had to work in Hellholes. However, as my wife tells me, I could never have lived with myself as I was too honest.

But as we have 2 wonderful children both in stable relationships, and a grandson who is...as all teenagers and the ability and health to go away with the caravan, who am I to complain too much............but I will cos I am a MOG.

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
I would like the job of repatriating fake asylum seekers, and illegal immigrates.

The pleasure i would get helping them back on the plane, away from the "free bank", or "the land of milk and honey".

For my second job, i would like to help the unemployed back into work. Those who have never done a days work, nor there parents. With the power to terminate their dole payments,on refusing work.

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
Thank your lucky stars you have job....for the moment! It might not be as safe as you think in todays current climate. I wonder if your outlook on the unemployed would be so narrow when/if you joined the ranks??

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I'm sorry Lady C but with your breeding the very least I would expect you to do is read and inwardly digest RAYS post correctly.

He said, quote ... "Those who have never done a days work, nor their parents".

No mention of those who have worked and due to the financial climate now find themselves unemployed.

You are letting us aristocracy down somewhat my dear ... tut! tut!

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
I would have been .............. 'who knows'. If I could go back to being sixteen again I might have married my first ever 'serious' boyfriend (who I met again recently when we were both sixty, after forty-four years of not being in contact, and never having seen each other since, and sparks still flew). I'd possibly not have had two unsuccessful marriages - though who knows???!!!???

First boyfriend went on to have a very successful professional life, travelling around the world, starting companies, making money, flying his own plane, and is now very 'comfortable' indeed, but had a very unhappy married life and immense problems with his children. Whereas I have too lovely sons from my second marriage, who are both now 'sorted' in their respective careers, and a very happy and successful relationship which started when I was forty and doing a French class in order to improve my French, when I wanted to take my sons camping in France on my own.

As I said to first boyfriend, though - overall although the marriage break-ups were traumatic, I got over them, picked up the pieces and got on, and have really had a lovely life since then!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts