Idea to solve rear waste out-let problem.

Dec 6, 2007
Visit site
I suffer from the age old problem of rear waste outlets being unuseable on sites that slope so that you have to have the 'van rear end down to get it level.

I've though about re-plumbing the whole lot to exit just aft of the wheel on the off-side but hours messing about with slovent weld pipe under a caravan puts me off.

How's this for an idea? If i get 2 new waste outlet points and a lenght of 1 inch waste hose. Mount one outlet about 6 inches from the sink outlet and the other behind the O/S wheel [cutting a hole in the plasit skirt if needed. then join the two with hose threaded through the chassis & other pipes etc. the hose might not be a good fit but i'm sure jubilee clips or even some short sections of rubber hose could be used to make a water tight fit.

All i'd need to do is use a short hose to connect the two outlets together at the rear & collect the water from the center outlet. If you wanted the shower outlet to work too you'd need two lots of new pipe as I've found that joining the sink & shower outlets just leads to a shower-tray full of dishwater!!

any coments would be welcome!

Cheers Gareth

Oct 30, 2008
Visit site
Gareth,

Bite the bullet and re plumb with the solvent weld solid pipe. OK it will take a few hours but the drainage speed is well worth it plus at the same time you can move the outlet to where you want it and plumb all drainage tubes into one outlet. Did mine a year or so back and not had any problems. Even carry extra solid pipe with push fit fittings for use on fully serviced sites. I carry 2 lengths of pipe joined with the push fit fittings and store them across the van through the holes in the chassis at the front of the van. One tip - use black pipe so it blends in more under the van.

David

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Hi gareth,

why go to all that trouble. Just put your waste bottle at side of van and fit a longer piece of waste hose. plug it in run it around the side to waste can.

As the carrier will be lower water will still drain down hill very well without all the new plumbing requirements.

Your making a lot of work for yourself

Dec 6, 2007
Visit site
I know what you mean David, it will lead to alot of pipe and slower speeds, i'll have a look & see how hard a job it'll be. to re plumb.

Good idea john but i don't fancy carrying a big roll of back tube coiled up in the caravan!

Feb 13, 2006
Visit site
We had a problem with one van we had with the flow going to the side. I replaced so that the exit was at the rear. It is a lot easier to slope the van slightly backwards than from side to side. Never had a ny more trouble.

Dec 6, 2007
Visit site
Fair comment John , but i find that half the time the pitch slopes up to the rear so i can't use the Waste-Hog.

As i have a raise & clamp its easy to trim the roll angle of the 'van [once you've got the clamp set up that is!]

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts