Ideas for Forum improvements

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Firstly let me say that I am surprsied that a seperate thread hasnt been set up so that whoever has the task can see all inputs easily. But this is where the link took me too, so be it.
  • A decent search function is required
  • A quick reply Thank You button
  • Abilty to send a private message to another Forum member and notification when a message has been received.
  • The Sale/wants section is too limited.
  • Section on upcoming events so that organisers/attendees can post details
  • More consistency when new posts are made. Sometimes a new post isnt highlighted when I look at the main forum headings

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
otherclive said:
Firstly let me say that I am surprsied that a seperate thread hasnt been set up so that whoever has the task can see all inputs easily. But this is where the link took me too, so be it.
  • A decent search function is required
  • A quick reply Thank You button
  • Abilty to send a private message to another Forum member and notification when a message has been received.
  • The Sale/wants section is too limited.
  • Section on upcoming events so that organisers/attendees can post details
  • More consistency when new posts are made. Sometimes a new post isnt highlighted when I look at the main forum headings

Hi oc. Some time ago I ask a question (of Parksy I believe) that was in some measure of a similar import to your post.
This forum is falling a very long way behind some of the 'Competition' for our support and input and even one or two of the not-so-good ones are gaining ground on the PCM forum.
There are a few aspects of this forum that do not make forum surfing/searching/following life easy,indeed,unless I am missing something it is a toil.
The addition of a 'Posts that I follow' tab linked with an alert to my registered E'mail Inbox would immediately make life easier.
As you have already pointed out,a PM facility would be very much welcomed and by many,I am sure.
The ability to add images straight from my own PC and not have to faff about with image hosting sites would be an absolute rapid and immediate improvement.
Pictures speak a thousand words and the ability to upload easily and quickly is an absolute must. Even the not so good alternative forums are a long way ahead on this one.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I forwarded all the ideas for improvements to this forum to our recently appointed new digital editor Lizzie and she has replied that the web techs who are tasked with improving the forum will be told about the requests.
This thread is a duplicate, the one on which Haymarket's Kate Taylor who is helping Lizzie replied on is Here

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Service Temporarily Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later....... Arrrrrrgggggghhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Sproket said:
Service Temporarily Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later....... Arrrrrrgggggghhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

Do you ever get that feeling you're not wanted
smiley-surprised.gif

Whatever to nano seconds and hi tech.
Even speed dating is quicker
smiley-kiss.gif
smiley-laughing.gif
smiley-tongue-out.gif

TRENDING THREADS