IDM4 alarm

May 2, 2020
Visit site
Hi Tony
Welcome to the forum
The idm4 alarm has a back up battery that needs to be recharged every 8 months max, if you look at the alarm battery housing you will see a jack plug for a charger as far as I am aware the 12v input is only for day to day running of the alarm the back up battery is for drained /stolen leisure battery but for some unknown reason the 12v system doesn't charge the alarm battery. Must be a caravan thing!?
The backup battery may /probably will need renewing if it hasn't been charged, please see attached image for specification of charger.

Gra IMG_20240716_164643.jpg

Reactions: Dustydog
May 2, 2020
Visit site
Thank you, when I get five minutes I shall take a look, I didn't get anything like that with the caravan, so I am assuming it's probably going to need a new battery anyway.
The easiest way to try is to get an adapter of about the same output but make sure the polarity of the jack plug is the same plug into alarm battery box then press F4 it should beep 8 times, if so leave to charge for several hours disconnect and press F4 if you get all lights flashing, yes new battery will be probably needed.

Gra

Last edited:
Reactions: Tony Sirett

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts