I'm out to get you

May 4, 2005
Visit site
Blair knows he can't win another election and it looks like he's making sure Brown can't either.This government won't be happy until they take every penny we earn and we have to ask them for pocket money at the end of the week! During the fuel protests a few years back the government said our fuel was dearer than europe because we didn't have toll roads.Now if the plan is to(effectively) make every road in the country a toll road will the cost of fuel be slashed? Your answers in no more than 2 letters please.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
He could always start by charging foreign visitors to this country but he would,nt do that because it would upset his cronies in the E.U .He will however do it to us as he knows there will be little if any objections to this draconian measure.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I think what we need to do, is all gang together in a forest say Sherwood forest for instance and rob all the sheriff of Nottingham's sorry I mean Alistair Darling rich friends, we can then share this out to the poor so they may be able to have some leisure time.

PS I think we should have a uniform, green seem a good colour.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I think what we need to do, is all gang together in a forest say Sherwood forest for instance and rob all the sheriff of Nottingham's sorry I mean Alistair Darling rich friends, we can then share this out to the poor so they may be able to have some leisure time.

PS I think we should have a uniform, green seem a good colour.
I like that idea, we can pillage (to old for the funny stuff) all day, and as its on my doorstep (sherwood), also I'll be able to *** back for lunch and check the post. Now, where did I put those tights...?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Take heart! I guarantee that any such system will soon have the technical bods providing ways to negate it. One of the Sunday Paper magazines had an article praising the French for not putting up with such nonsence.

The apparently tried to introduce wheel clamps and the Tabac's then lent drivers bolt croppers.

They also tried to introduce speed cameras and the locals coverred it up with a sack. Even the guy who collected the film took the sack off, retrieved the film, then replaced the sack!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The political system in this country has lost all credibility. We have a government with a a massive overall majority elected by less than 40% of the votes cast. How can that be fair?

The concept of the house of commons is that it should represent the views of the commoners (us) but in fact, we only elect representatives (MP's) who are not obliged to vote according to the wishes of their constituents, but as they personally feel they should which is often dictated more by party political pressures than consensus.

We have PM's and government who are not appointed by the voters but are selected by the party with the biggest majority in the house.

This PM and government has taken decisions on our behalf, which it would seem the country has disliked, but he is reluctant to provide the necessary evidence to support his decision making, Why?.

Its about time that UK Governments of all persuasions became more accountable to the population as a whole. We should be able to invoke binding referendum on any matter of government business through some process.

The issue of charging for road usage is one such issue. Drivers already pay far more to the exchequer than they spent on the transport systems, and here yet again this money grabbing government is seeking a way to generate even more tax revenue.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I think this goes much deeper the just taking money from motorist, just think of the amount of data these little black boxes will generate, it will monitor every movement of your car. How will this be used, who will have access to it and this data itself would generate millions in revenu and there's no way they wouldn't have already though of this, just think your not feeling well and you ring in sick and your employer is able to check your car is still parked outside your house.

Then there's the fact that we will be required to install this black box just to incriminate ourselves, will it automatically generate a ticket and add points to our licence each time we go over the speed limit, this alone worries me, I'm not a boy racer I try the drive within the speed limits but like everyone else, we make mistakes, this alone will reduce congestion as within the first 6 months most drivers will have lost there licence and just think the saving they'll make not having to install speed cameras.

Seem strange the only mention this now, if they'd mentioned it 4 weeks ago I don't think we would have a labour goverment and it's clear they know about this before the election.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts