Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Shiraz,

As a family we have often played a game when travelling, where you look at the letters on a number plate on a passing car and use them to make a three word sentence e.g. NVL 21J would be 'Not Very Likely' I am intrigued by your sign off, What do you want IMHO to mean?

Could it be 'I Might Have One'?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Alistair, you've missed out two of the most important ones:

SWMBO - she who must be obeyed

HM - her majesty

also known as ballast, guvernor or rev limiter in the Lotus 7 club!!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Alistair, you've missed out two of the most important ones:

SWMBO - she who must be obeyed

HM - her majesty

also known as ballast, guvernor or rev limiter in the Lotus 7 club!!!
Can't spell again - should be 'governor'!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Question For Moderator.

Their was another response to this question earlier this week, it seems tohave disappeared. I can only imagine that you have had your scissors out again. Can you confirm if you have removed it and what was your reason please?

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
It was me, I am the guilty one! I apologise if my post offended anyone - it wasn't meant to. I simply copied and pasted a list of commonly used chatroom abbreviations from another site, didn't even read them all - if anyone wants to know what they are - a simple Google search will provide all you need to know. I apologise for upsetting the forum etiquette.

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
Now, I have to say to the Moderator, I am very surprised at the apparent double standards on this site. After deleting my post, a forum entitled Chit Chat was launched, I have no problem with anything posted on it but there is more potentially unsuitable language/inuendo appearing there than there was in my post IMHO!

Jun 7, 2005
Visit site
Alister

I agree your posting which was removed was fine, in fact it was very educational for the none texters amongst us. Had it remained I would have copied it because this would have encouraged me to text more (i'm crap at typing on a phone)

whoops can I say crap

Jun 7, 2005
Visit site
Alister

I agree your posting which was removed was fine, in fact it was very educational for the none texters amongst us. Had it remained I would have copied it because this would have encouraged me to text more (i'm crap at typing on a phone)

whoops can I say crap
Sorry meant Alistair. A lister was a car that raced at Le Mans a few years ago. Now that is a Camping experience

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
Sorry meant Alistair. A lister was a car that raced at Le Mans a few years ago. Now that is a Camping experience
Graham, don't worry - not sensitive about how my name is spelt, there are so many ways. The company I worked for still couldn't get it right after 34 years!! If you copy and paste this link into your browser, you will get a fairly comprehensive list, I think it's the one I posted. http://searchwebservices.techtarget.com/sDefinition/0,,sid26_gci211776,00.html

Jun 7, 2005
Visit site
Graham, don't worry - not sensitive about how my name is spelt, there are so many ways. The company I worked for still couldn't get it right after 34 years!! If you copy and paste this link into your browser, you will get a fairly comprehensive list, I think it's the one I posted. http://searchwebservices.techtarget.com/sDefinition/0,,sid26_gci211776,00.html
Cheers

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts