In A Predicament!

Jan 1, 2016
Visit site
Hi everyone,
I need some advice...Have been through a difficult time recently and it looks like I will have to sell my home in a few months time...My plan is to live in my touring caravan until such time that I have a deposit to put down on a new house...I am looking at a duration of somewhere between 3 and 5 years. Can you tell me what costs are involved and what my options are in regards to finding a suitable pitch etc...I have lived in a caravan previously but that was a static on private ground while I was working on a building project! I am 48 and never envisaged myself being in this situation but I am determined to make this work so any advice would be very much appreciated.

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
One of the main things you are going to need is a postal address especially for registering for health care etc.

The cheapest way is probably to use CL's and CS's but this would involve moving off the pitch every 28 nights. Remember the less facilities you have on the site the cheaper it's going to be.

I'm sure many will have much more detailed advice for you. Good luck

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
If you are down in the Shepton Mallet area, I know of a site that is a cl, storage site, and one that also has very long term caravanners who work on the local quarry. There is a shower and loo block, too. We go down in March and October, and there are always people there. They even towed our van out of storage with a 4wd when the owners were away.

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Depending on where you are there are a lot of pc's or vs's near motorways that do long term for highway maintenance workers.
As others have said the less facilities on site the cheaper it is.
Also consider getting a refillable gas cylinder such as a safefil one as it cuts the cost of gas dramatically as it is filled with lpg, the initial outlay is around £150 but at today's costs of swapping out every time you run out it would pay for itself in about 8 fills.
Best of luck.l

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Their are a lot of commercial sites who accept long term caravan siting but whether you are allowed to live in it full time might depend on the terms of their licence and if they stay open all year. The cost varies depending on location and facilities so giving a cost is not possible.
You will find the sitefinder button at the bottom of this page. I would check out the local sites and see what they say.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts