Inboard water tank.

DRB

May 6, 2019
Visit site
I have a Bailey unicorn Pamplona. It comes with a inboard water tank. My question is?: does anybody use there inboard water tank, is it beneficial because I don’t used mine yet and not sure when the best time to use it is. Is it beneficial?

Regards
DRB

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
If I had an inboard water tank I would use it most of the time (depending on the pitch servicing facilities).

Off grid it can be a great thing to have as an additional resourceto say an aquaroll type container, it's a plus attribute for me.

Downsides, (and I am not sure that there are any) perhaps regular steriliastion of the tank,and remembering to discharge contents in respect of weight allowance before a journey.

Video below, hope it helps you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_eujrwb6XU

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I have always carried two aquarolls and bulky things they are too. Now i only need carry one, i use the onboard as a reserve. Win win as far as im concerned.

Jun 24, 2005
Visit site
We also have a Pamplona and use the onboard tank all the time - perticularly as I've got rid of the stupid Bailey manual change over valve and put an electric one in. We also leave a few litres in the tank when we are travelling so we can use the taps rather than bother with water bottles.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
......only ever use an inboard tank.
We drink the water so like the security of an inboard system.
We caravan in the winter so tank has better insulation against freezing
also stays cool in hot weather.
We sometimes do 5 day journeys so taps have to work at all times
travelling with around 10 litres inboard.

DRB

May 6, 2019
Visit site
Thank you for your replies could you tell me where you got the electric valve please
Cheers

P.s I apologise for putting this in the wrong section was meant to have been in the general section.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
No apology needed, the forum defaults to the New Members message board for some reason.
I usually have a weekly tidy up to sort out posts to the correct message boards :)
I use our onboard tank at music festivals and vintage events when the fresh water tap is some distance from the caravan and because there are not many fresh water points a queue often forms.

Jun 24, 2005
Visit site
DRB said:
Thank you for your replies could you tell me where you got the electric valve please
Cheers

P.s I apologise for putting this in the wrong section was meant to have been in the general section.

I got the valve from Ebay (just look up 12 volt 2 port solenoid valve, about £20, but you'll need a float switch (CAK tanks) and a 3 way switch to do the outside/inside/filling procedure.

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Our last van came with an inboard water tank,one of the first things we did was remove it and put it in the garage a move we didin't regret..We saw no need of it.The aquarole didn't freeze over but the hose between the aquarole and the connection van did.

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
With our Stirling Elite we have an on board water tank which we find valuable. If two of you want to shower its a great asset as it switches to Aquarol when the on boards reaches a quarter full.
Sir Roger

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts