indoor tv aerial

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
At present away on holiday but my mobility is not good so i am resting on the bed we have a spare tv with us and just wondering whether to go to Argos and get a indoor tv aerial but what would be suitable at a reasonable price

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
You are in a sort of Faraday cage, so I would have thought no indoor aerial would be good.

Can you get a fly lead and plug into your normal van aerial?

John

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
Before any decision on getting an indoor aerial BB should get someone to have a look outside and see where other aerials are pointed, how big they are, and whether they are horizontal or vertical. Most importantly he needs to have a clear view towards the transmitter through a window - any form of wall can attenuate the signal very quickly.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
BB why not link into the cottage own TV system. I carry loads of co ax cable and fixings on the caravan, I’m sur e you are used to that in your tugging days

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
BB why not link into the cottage own TV system. I carry loads of co ax cable and fixings on the caravan, I’m sur e you are used to that in your tugging days
Hi Dusty i brought this a QA coaxial 2 way Y splittier and co ax cable and then i could adapt my tv to the cottage tv but looking at fixing it a lead coming out of the wall and into a socket on to the cottage tv That why i suggest a indoor aerial

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Dusty i brought this a QA coaxial 2 way Y splittier and co ax cable and then i could adapt my tv to the cottage tv but looking at fixing it a lead coming out of the wall and into a socket on to the cottage tv That why i suggest a indoor aerial
Do you mean you may need a male to male or female to female connector. I think you are nearly there. For what it’s worth my experience of internal aerials isn’t good

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Well my DIY experience is not great i check the lead coming out of the socket where the outdoor aerial is on the cottage tv and i use the QA coaxial 2 way splitter and cable and manage to get my tv working .

Last edited:
Reactions: Jcloughie
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Well my DIY experience is not great i check the lead coming out of the socket where the outdoor aerial is on the cottage tv and i use the QA coaxial 2 way splitter and cable and manage to get my tv working .
Well BB you’ve come a long way since your OP. No need for an indoor aerial😢😉

TRENDING THREADS