Interim report on Polyplastic Window Problems

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
internet said:
Since it is only eight weeks since the van was 'fixed' do we have any come back with regard to a replacement window? and whose responsibility is it?

I'm told by our caravan mechanic that there is a 2 year warranty after the replacement has been fitted.
On Tuesday we had our third window after the complaints above of how the window flexed. After replacing our window he was going to replace another window for the fifth time. I don't know if your problem is the same but the new windows have a different profile and shouldn't cause the same problem.

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
internet said:
I am interested in the thread regarding the recall on the windows particularly for Burstner vans. We have a 2000 Burstner and (unfortunately) had the 'fix' done on our windows aty the beginning of November 2010. We now have 3 inches of water in the front window.
Was the front window supposed to have been 'fixed' as the dealer we spoke to let slip that it shouldn't have been?
Since it is only eight weeks since the van was 'fixed' do we have any come back with regard to a replacement window? and whose responsibility is it?
We had our bustner done last may, we will be getting it ready for Easter on saturday. I will take a look and see if the front window was done too, but off the top of my head,i dont believe so.

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Late reply i know, anyway our front window was not done, but i have noticed that the windows that were done, the plastic around the drilling area looks like its become damaged.! like the two layers have become unstuck.!
I will be getting in touch with the place that carried out the work, and indeed burtsner UK.......

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts