internet on sites

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
we have a laptop we take away with us but are unsure of the best way to obtain internet access, we have bluetooth on computer and mobile but is this the best and cheapest way to stay in touch, any ideas and suggestions would be appreciated, thanks

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

For the UK these are probably the best ways - in order of increasing cost:

1. If your laptop has wireless networking built-in (remember the Intel Centrino "Blue man group" TV adverts?) then some cities, like Brighton, have free wireless Internet access for anyone - you just go along to one of the many access points (library is a good bet) - turn on and connect.

2. If you don't have wireless networking built in - Tesco and other places are doing good deals on wireless cards for laptops.

Do a Google search for Free Wireless Internet access in the UK - some coffee shops offer free access if you buy a coffee

3. Internet caf

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Have al ook at http://www.airtimemanager.co.uk/DataCard/3g_Data_Cards.aspx. We connect every day via our mobile as our Orange package incorporates 1 GB of download every month at

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
I use ( www.webtogo.de ) mobile for laptop connection via blue tooth or infrared to mobile. Have used for about 5 years all over UK and Erope with no problems even by a road side in the middle of no where, but it depeds what your needs are. You can degrade the level of picture quality that you see on the down load to reduce costs and all set a maximum use and cost ceiling.

I also use wi-fi card and in Ireland last year camp sites we went on had free access to wireless network. My phone does basic email and has opera browser for net. But I need laptop for work being own boss.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts