Is Germany okay for dogs?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We have taken our dogs vanning in France and found them to be accepted in most areas including cafes, restaurannts and bars. Of course we always ask if it's okay to bring them in. We fancy a holiday in Germany travelling down the Rhine and then into Bavaria. Since we plan to be away for 4 weeks we thought that we would take the dogs with us. What is Germany like for touring with dog(s)?

Cheers

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
OK, I hope, cos we're taking our two in May! There's no problem vet-wise, but I must admit that I don't like the French way of dogs in cafes etc, so in some ways I hope the Germans are more like us.
I await further replies with interest.

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Sorry emmerson the Germans are not like us and have not found anywhere in Europe that is. Dogs are welcome anywhere. In Germany they greet you in some restaurants with a water bowl for the dog. Some motorway services have a Bowl filled with dried dog food and another with water at a Dog Bar at the Entrance.. Germans are very dog friendly I can assure you everywhere.

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
otherclive You will find Germany a wonderful country, beautiful views and very friendly to humans and dogs. If you want to read about the Rhine and Mosel and Bavaria with site recommendations look on my website as in signature below or click on this www.joysofeuopeancaravanning.co.uk Any more help needed give me a shout

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Hi Dianne. I think I sort of expected that! As we never take our dogs into cafes etc in this country, we tend not to do it anywhere else. I don't object to well-behaved dogs, which stay under the owner's table, but we actually left a "posh" restaurant in France once, when the woman on the adjoining table put her terrier on the table to eat off the same plate as her! Just a bit too much for me.
Nevertheless, we are very much looking forward to our "Grand Tour" again. Just need to get Herself fit again, cos its only 12 weeks till the off!

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
When do you leave emmerson? Maybe we shall cross each others paths somewhere in Germany only about 9 weeks for us till the off.. Hope Herself is getting on OK and you will have a lovely trip.

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Dianne, we'll be on the 10am ferry on Sunday 25th May. We'll spend a couple of days at Camping Le Chaumier near St.Omer, then head north east, need to be in Hoor, Sweden by 13th June. One week there, then south again through Denmark, eastern Germany, Czech Republic, then Austria.We would like to be home about the end of July, ready for our Royale Caravan Club's fortieth anniversary rally starting August 10th, for which we need to leave home not later than 8th.
Would you mind emailing me your rough itnerary? It would be good to meet up.
I'll ask Parksy to give you my email.

Emmerson

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
It looks as if we will just be ahead of you Emmerson we leave Austria and into Germany mid June and leave for home the 30th June. But if you look on my website I have put our rough itinerary on there under 8th Trip. or I will email it to you if you like when Parksy contacts me. It would be nice to meet up yes.
Dianne

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts