Is there a 'book price' for caravans?

May 10, 2005
Visit site
If I go to a garage to part exchange my car they look up the 'book price' of the car I wish to trade in. Is there something similar for caravans?

May 10, 2005
Visit site
Thanks Sonia, I've had a look on the internet but can't find anything under Glasses. (Tried various options i.e. glasses caravans etc.)

I'm trying to get a guide to the value of my 1994 van but I'm finding it difficult. Caravan Club run a service where they will tell you current market price but only for vans between 6months & 8years old.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The name of the book which gives trade in values for cars and caravans is 'Glass's Guide'. There is a web site where you can get online valuations for cars (I'm not sure abouut caravans) for a small fee of about

May 10, 2005
Visit site
Thanks Merv,

I never thought it would prove so difficult to find the value of my caravan. I've Bailey and even phoned up a couple of dealers but they've been unbelievably 'cagey'.

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
Trisha,

Condition is everything in second-hand value, especially if you remember a few years back when rain water leaks into the body panels made certain caravans virtually worthless.

So maybe it's not a surprise that dealers won't give you a price over the phone, but of course they have a list of trade values.

If you want an estimate for your van, compare it with similar models from the endless adds in the caravan mags.

Robert

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts