Is there any point?

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
The problem I've found with Wifi Calling is that although some vendors offer it, it doesn't work on some phones even if they have that capability.

For instance I use Three PAYG and the Wifi Calling works ok on my phone. Smarty - which is owned by Three - supposedly has Wifi Calling but it wont work on my phone.

Asda/Vodafone offer Wifi calling but again it doesn't work on my phone.

I'm quite happy with Three but would like an alternate supplier as my phone supports two Sims. So, I've been looking at 1pmobile, which runs on the back of EE and has Wifi calling. Again not sure if it will work on my phone and you can't get a free sim to try before you buy. Could get the money back within 14 days but that could be a hassle.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
The problem I've found with Wifi Calling is that although some vendors offer it, it doesn't work on some phones even if they have that capability.

For instance I use Three PAYG and the Wifi Calling works ok on my phone. Smarty - which is owned by Three - supposedly has Wifi Calling but it wont work on my phone.

Asda/Vodafone offer Wifi calling but again it doesn't work on my phone.

I'm quite happy with Three but would like an alternate supplier as my phone supports two Sims. So, I've been looking at 1pmobile, which runs on the back of EE and has Wifi calling. Again not sure if it will work on my phone and you can't get a free sim to try before you buy. Could get the money back within 14 days but that could be a hassle.
If you use a search facilty on mobile phone deals. they should display whether wifi calling is supported against each deal as most providers offer both with and without wifi calling - so it may be the deal that's the issue, not your phone.

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
All the deals I've looked at include WiFi calling. Some list it's only supported on certain phones, others make no distinction.

TRENDING THREADS