Is this a con, too good to be true.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Looking for a new wheel clamp, I saw this on Ebay, my first thoughts are that cost and the feedback say its a con.

Search for Ebay item number 192607148089. If not, its a brilliant deal.

Says hes sold 35 of them, but his feedback is only 7 and four of those are from the same person. Wouldn't you think a £200 clamp for thirty quid would have had some gleeful feedback.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
I'll have to look into this as I was just reading the caravan mag today on site and saying to my wife I could do with the little receiver locks that go into the wheel rather than carrying a big wheel clamp about !!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Craig
If you are thinking of one of the locks that fit into a receiver through the wheel, have a look on well known auction site, bulldog used to make a round yellow one and purple line made an orange one that looks like a square with the corners cut off, both screw into the receiver in the chassis through the wheel, we have the orange one, easy to fit, you just line up the hole with the wheel and fit. I think both are no longer made due to Al ko complaining they were infringing their patent or copyright or something, but they are still available and in my experience work very well.

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
This ones on E bay now, I've been using one for years -- superb bit of kit.

Capture.jpg

Item: 142887151876

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
However, if you spend 15 minutes positioning and leveling the van to your and the sites satisfaction, like me, and then you see the receiver is behind the wheel spoke, you may just lose it!!
20180802_182402.jpg

Incidentally, the millenco lock was purchased used from ebay.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
CustardAvenger said:
However, if you spend 15 minutes positioning and leveling the van to your and the sites satisfaction, like me, and then you see the receiver is behind the wheel spoke, you may just lose it!!
20180802_182402.jpg

Incidentally, the millenco lock was purchased used from ebay.

I use the identical type when touring, combined with an Alko hitch lock, leg steadies, awning, power cable etc the van is quite secure on any site that we visit.

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
otherclive said:
I use the identical type when touring, combined with an Alko hitch lock, leg steadies, awning, power cable etc the van is quite secure on any site that we visit.

I got a Millenco "lightweight" wheel lock bundled with the van, but it looks quite flimsy and will only fit on the offside wheel due to the motormover, but a lock is a lock. I got the compact wheel clamp as a secondary lock and to be more visible when parked at home. I have found it is better for touring too as it comes with a bag and takes up less space in the boot and is easier to fit. As you can see from the pic, no worries with the wheel alignment

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
CustardAvenger said:
otherclive said:

I got a Millenco "lightweight" wheel lock bundled with the van, but it looks quite flimsy and will only fit on the offside wheel due to the motormover, but a lock is a lock. I got the compact wheel clamp as a secondary lock and to be more visible when parked at home. I have found it is better for touring too as it comes with a bag and takes up less space in the boot and is easier to fit. As you can see from the pic, no worries with the wheel alignment

At home mine has Alko Secure wheel lock, Alko hitchcock and Bulldog Titan, and its lodged between two cars and a fence too. So hopefully it doesn't go walkabouts.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Ours you need the mover to get it off the angled drive but am getting sick off humping the wheel clamp about !

Notice if you do the different shades of yellow as it's been touched up a bit in the last 5 year :p

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
Craigyoung said:
Ours you need the mover to get it off the angled drive but am getting sick off humping the wheel clamp about !

Same here... I have about an inch of leeway front to back. I'd have to jack the van to get the wheel in the correct position for an ALKO lock. PC mag always seem to use the Millenco clamp in their test vans; they're about £80-90 new.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Raywood said:
If you want a more secure but easy to fit wheel lock try the Nemisis Ultra.

Never ! You've beat me to it Ray. I've just took the picture of it in the caravan mag which I was reading when away last w'end which prompted me to think about getting a different lock !!

May 7, 2012
Visit site
We have one. It is easy to put on, although not quite as good as the promotional video, and is heavily built. The C&CC insurance gives me a discount for using it, so they must have confidence in it.i

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Craig, let me pick your brains on that one. As I understand it, you change one of your wheel studs and fit to that, the protection comes from a bar that feeds through the alloys and hits the chassic leg thereby preventing the wheel from turning. However, is this not likely to suffer the same issue as the AlKo offering by landing with the wheel stud in the wrong place, the bar would snag the chassis rather than sit under it??

I like the look of this one but hesitated for that reason.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Thingy said:
Craig, let me pick your brains on that one. As I understand it, you change one of your wheel studs and fit to that, the protection comes from a bar that feeds through the alloys and hits the chassic leg thereby preventing the wheel from turning. However, is this not likely to suffer the same issue as the AlKo offering by landing with the wheel stud in the wrong place, the bar would snag the chassis rather than sit under it??

I like the look of this one but hesitated for that reason.

:blink:
Not sure what your on about !?

May 24, 2014
Visit site
When that lock is in place, doesnt it have a bar that goes through the gap in the alloys?

EDIT
Went to look at one, I didnt realise the bar was adjustable so in theory it will fit in a number of places. I was thinking that once attached to the wheel bolt it would only fit through a diametrically opposed section of the alloy, hence my earlier odd question. Bought it whilst I was there, goodbye insurance discount but hello serenity.

Aug 11, 2018
Visit site
I see on many sites the caravan must be parked hitch to road, they say it is for safety so if a caravan goes on fire then near by caravans can be moved quickly out of the way, would that also mean for same reasons wheel locks also banned, not sure on hitch lock as to get out of way don't really need to hitch up.

On the old caravan we would leave the motor mover engaged, however new one is put on/off with a socket and wrench so not really anti theft, although it will stop caravan running away.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts